Author Topic: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding  (Read 232979 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2010, 06:22:38 PM »
If you close the iCamSource application (by clicking the iCamSource icon in the menu bar near the clock) and then restart it does it remember the setting? Or is it only when you reboot your Mac?

ChiefBragg

• View Profile
Troubleshooting UPnP Error
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »
Love your app and iCamSource!  I am running it on Mac OS laptop and all seemed ok with my first 3-4 cameras.  I added two new cameras this weekend for a total of 6.

I am now receiving an ERROR message from the two new ones (same type and brand - AirLink101 500w) trying to connect to iCamSource even when I choose "Auto Config Router"

I get a message to check the IP address (which is correct) and the following: Error:  UPnP 3 : NAT-PMP 3, -7, 61

I am using an AT&T  2Wire modem/wireless router.  Do you have a help document specific for 2Wire that I could use to tweak the router to see these other two cameras?

Any help appreciated!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2010, 12:29:58 PM »
What is the "message to check the IP address" error? Are you using the MJPEG URL for your AirLink cameras from http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php ?

Depending on which camera firmware version you are running, the MJPEG URL for that camera will be either http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi or http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the camera.

ChiefBragg

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2010, 08:15:38 AM »
What is the "message to check the IP address" error? Are you using the MJPEG URL for your AirLink cameras from http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg.php ?

Depending on which camera firmware version you are running, the MJPEG URL for that camera will be either http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi or http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi where xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx is the IP address of the camera.

The MJPEG URL is correct.

iCamSource appears to be working on the Mac laptop and all 6 cameras can be seen in the preview window but connecting to it over 3G is sporadic or it will only show 3 of the 6 cameras or periodically say source cannot be found and connecting to it later in the day will then work and all 6 cameras appear.

I still have the error message for each camera (near the AutoConfig button) (see message above) and even though all 6 cameras can be seen in the "preview window" of iCamSource, at the bottom of the column of cameras it shows "Num Connected:  0"

Any help appreciated.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2010, 11:11:19 AM »
If you are seeing a UPnP / NAT-PMP error message then the router auto-configuration is failing. Does your router support UPnP or NAT-PMP?

If you uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox are you able to connect via WiFi and 3G?

ChiefBragg

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2010, 10:51:55 AM »
If you are seeing a UPnP / NAT-PMP error message then the router auto-configuration is failing. Does your router support UPnP or NAT-PMP?

If you uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox are you able to connect via WiFi and 3G?

It is an AT&T 2Wire modem/router for our UVerse TV and wireless computer network.  I will have to check the specs or a 2Wire doc to see if it supports UPnP or NAT-PMP then figure out how to change the settings.

Usually if I uncheck the Auto-Config Router checkbox it will not connect to any of the six (6) cameras for viewing in the preview window of iCamSource.  iCamSource shows a messge saying to check the IP address, cameras not found.

Today when I launch iCam on the iPhone, I can only see two of the six cameras.  Sometimes when I try an hour or so later I may see 3 or even 5... I never know till I launch the app.

Accessing via iCamWeb gives the UPnP error also.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 10:54:22 AM by ChiefBragg »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2010, 05:07:58 PM »
The UPnP / NAT-PMP issue shouldn't affect how the iCamSource is able to connect to network IP cameras on your network, unless the cameras need to be unplugged and re-plugged in.

(I am currently connecting to 5 network IP cameras from my Mac mini at home.)

Are you running the latest version of the iCamSource from our website?

ChiefBragg

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2010, 06:26:51 PM »
The UPnP / NAT-PMP issue shouldn't affect how the iCamSource is able to connect to network IP cameras on your network, unless the cameras need to be unplugged and re-plugged in.

(I am currently connecting to 5 network IP cameras from my Mac mini at home.)

Are you running the latest version of the iCamSource from our website?

Yes.  2.1.3    Mac OS is version 10.5.8  the last available version for my aged G4 laptop.  Also my cameras are wireless.  3 AirLink101-500W and 3 AirLink101-777W.   They all show up in the preview window most of the time in iCamSource on the Mac but connecting via iCam on the iPhone is just a roll of the dice... sometimes 2 show up, sometimes 3 or 4, once in a while all 6.  I have disabled the screen savers, sleep mode and anything that I thought might cause it to stop sending via iCamSource to the iPhone.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 06:31:56 PM by ChiefBragg »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2010, 09:48:21 PM »
Ah, you have an old G4? It may be a CPU issue with the iCamSource connecting to all of those cameras, then.

What is the % CPU usage for the iCamSource in the activity monitor? Also, what is the frame rate that you have set for your cameras? I currently connect to 5 network IP cameras from an Intel Mac mini and it uses about 60% of the CPU with each of the cameras sending video at 2 fps. (Increase the frame rate and you will also increase the CPU usage.) You can also try disabling motion detection for each camera to see how much that helps your CPU usage, as well as decreasing the frequency with which the motion detection logic is performed.

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 01, 2010, 01:38:17 PM »
It looks like your modem is indeed also a router, as it is listed on portforward.com:

Thanks for pointing that out!  Kept pulling my hair, trying to figure out the port-forwarding problem I had.  But that tid-bit fixed me up!

Using VisionNet M404 Single Port Ethernet Modem.  Under the Advanced>NAT>DMZ setting, I was able to add the IP from iCam Source (configure router).  Now everything appears to work great on Wi-Fi, AT&T Edge & 3G.

Thanks! ;D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2010, 03:05:48 PM »
Excellent news! :)

ChiefBragg

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 05, 2010, 08:13:52 AM »
Ah, you have an old G4? It may be a CPU issue with the iCamSource connecting to all of those cameras, then.

What is the % CPU usage for the iCamSource in the activity monitor? Also, what is the frame rate that you have set for your cameras? I currently connect to 5 network IP cameras from an Intel Mac mini and it uses about 60% of the CPU with each of the cameras sending video at 2 fps. (Increase the frame rate and you will also increase the CPU usage.) You can also try disabling motion detection for each camera to see how much that helps your CPU usage, as well as decreasing the frequency with which the motion detection logic is performed.

Thanks for the assistance Stefan.... it was very helpful.  I originally had the settings maxed out for motion, frequency, frame rate and the default of 500 mb per camera storage.  I have tweaked things down a bit and now have all 6 cameras stable and accessible via iPhone iCam for over a week with no freezes, lockups or shutdowns. CPU usage with my new settings goes between 48%-54% (nothing else running on the Mac except basic system apps)  I may be able to tweak it UP a bit to a CPU usage of 70% but I will do that over time or leave the settings alone and add 2-3 more cameras to the system... that might get it up close to 70%!
Thanks again!!

« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 08:15:27 AM by ChiefBragg »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 05, 2010, 12:34:29 PM »
You are most welcome! :)

dr_cambok

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2010, 06:01:54 AM »
HI from Spain Stefan.
I have done everything you have posted with the ports...(forwarded them for my IP), but even with that i canĀ“t connect with my cam by 3G (no problem with wifi)
Can you help me?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 23, 2010, 10:56:14 AM »
Does the port checker link report port 12000 as OPEN or BLOCKED? - http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12000