Author Topic: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding  (Read 232977 times)

mikey76

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2012, 11:18:14 AM »
Its been over 24hrs and I still haven't gotten any email tech support on how to set up a westell modem/router from ATT and the ports you listed 12000-12500 are closed on port checker dot com. If I can't use the app on 3g/edge then its basically useless for me, it serves no purpose to only be able to use it on your own wifi network when your actually at home, the point for me is to use it when I'm away.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 20, 2012, 12:28:42 AM »
We apologize for the delay. Have you received an email from us?

mikey76

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2012, 12:00:47 PM »
Does anyone who had similar connectivity issues with 3g/edge can help let me know. I can connect via wifi but once I go cellular I get a icamsource error.

My issue is trying to manually config a westell modem/router from ATT, its asking me to for 3 port forwarding fields versus 2.
start, end, LAN ports, how do I set this up. I've tried putting 12000-12100 in all three several different ways and still no luck. Also, is there any other setting on my modem/router combo device that I should check or uncheck for this app to work. Has to be somebody with a modem/router combo device from a major internet provider that tried to use this and had issues...

Lastly, when I went to check the ports 12000-12500 were all CLOSED on portchecker.com on my homes internet account/connection,but the auto-config/ports work at my JOB, says "upnp success --->port 12000-12000" and the app works on 3g/edge so it's hope for me yet..maybe. Please help
« Last Edit: October 22, 2012, 12:18:58 PM by mikey76 »

mikey76

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2012, 04:19:24 PM »
Ok GOOD NEWS!! I got one of the iSight cameras to work via 3g/edge on my westell/netgear modem/router.
This is what I did I'll list the steps below. BUT I NEED ADVICE ON CONFIG FOR OTHER COMPUTERS/Cams to work simultaneously!! Please read this whole post.

1. I cut and pasted the command line code provided on this forum and pasted it in Terminal on my iMac
2. Then reopen iCamsource and saw "port forwarding 12000-12100" available to check box it..
3. Then I when to my modem/router admin via the internet on my ETHERNET connected iMac
4. Next, I when to port triggerting/add new service "iCamsource"/start-end port range 12000-12100/click enable when done.
5. Next, I when to port forwarding/add new service "iCamsource/start-end-LAN i put 12000 for ALL 3 fields then UDP
6. Last, I had to enable it, it then prompts for device name from drop down or device IP, I put in BOTH then click "done"
7. Refresh iCam app on iphone using 3g/edge connection, make sure iCamsource is running with port forward checked.
This works for one cam out of 4 possible cam slots

My question is to anyone including tech support is..
On my two macbooks I pasted that port forwarding line of code into terminal and now all my iCamsources say "portforwarding 12000-12100" is that okay? I read somewhere on here where you said the ports should be different if your running the software on multiple computers at once..
So for my macbook pro should I set it up on my westell/netgear as 12001 port and my macbook 12002 for single port forwarding since I used 12000 for the iMac? or should I use 12200 and 12300 respectively..

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2012, 10:30:11 PM »
If you are running iCamSource(s) on more than one computer on the same network then you will need to use (and forward) a separate port range for each computer. (We recommend using 12000-12100, 12200-12300, 12400-12500, etc.)

There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

mikey76

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 23, 2012, 11:06:44 AM »
I got all computers/isights running on 12000-12004 I only have 4 computers but at least they all work now on 3g/edge when I'm not on wifi. Thanks for you advice and input.

Mzwei

• View Profile
Still not working
« Reply #126 on: December 01, 2012, 04:39:50 AM »
I am using two Macs with Mountain Lion and set up the port forwarding for both Macs. I restarted the iCam Source software and there is in both settings windows the port forwarding option visible. One with 12000-12100, the second with 12200-12300. The port check website states, that all UPD  ports are open.

• Access via the "iCam Web" website: Working
  • Access via the iPhone App on Wifi: Working
  • Access via the iPhone App on 3G: Source Connection Error

Why can I access my cams via the website but not from the iPhone App?

Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 04:58:38 AM by Mzwei »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 01, 2012, 01:37:14 PM »
What is the brand & model of your network router?

linkdeezie

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 10, 2012, 02:45:37 PM »
If this issue has been going on apparently for YEARS,why is there no apparent fix for it available via an updated version? I, TOO, am experiencing difficulty setting this thing up. The only reason I purchased iCam is because of its notification feature. I also have another "CAM" app that works flawlessly and even allows you to talk over your connection through the webcam (if it has a built-in speaker). Anyhow, I've tried all these remedies, port forwarding and whatnot, and I still cannot get this thing to properly function. It works while on my wifi at home, but not on 3G/4GLTE. It even sends me notifications of movement, but then when I try to open the app on my phone, it gives me error messages. WTH?!?!?!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 10, 2012, 10:21:30 PM »
If this issue has been going on apparently for YEARS,why is there no apparent fix for it available via an updated version? I, TOO, am experiencing difficulty setting this thing up. The only reason I purchased iCam is because of its notification feature. I also have another "CAM" app that works flawlessly and even allows you to talk over your connection through the webcam (if it has a built-in speaker). Anyhow, I've tried all these remedies, port forwarding and whatnot, and I still cannot get this thing to properly function. It works while on my wifi at home, but not on 3G/4GLTE. It even sends me notifications of movement, but then when I try to open the app on my phone, it gives me error messages. WTH?!?!?!

iCam does "just work" for the majority of users, but there are setups that do require some additional configuration.

If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

bhenning12

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 11, 2012, 07:54:28 PM »
Hello,
I recently began using your ICam program and it works great on WiFi but unfortunetly like many others I am unable to connect over 4G/Edge. I attempted to set my port forwarding and still nothing. I tried the Port checker and it just says "Checking UDP Port : 12000 (please wait 5 seconds for the test to complete)" and thats it, no message ever comes up saying if it is open or not.
I have a Qwest Modem, Actiontec PK5000.

Any help you could provide would be much appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your assistance

Robert

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 12, 2012, 07:26:31 AM »
Please send a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com, so we can verify the settings.

Also, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to us so we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

RB_IS

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 04, 2013, 08:38:30 AM »
Hi,

i am using iCam but have an issure with the unlocking of the used Ports. It seems like iCam is using more Ports than Port 12000-12100.
When I unlock these Ports in my Stateful Packet Inspection Firewall the Program does not work.
The Log files of my router tell me that there are other Ports used (i.e. Port 12623) and when unlocking Ports 12000-13000 the connection can be established.
So is there a specific Range of Ports that are used, too?
I don't want to open that many Ports just for one simple App...

Thanks in advance!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: January 07, 2013, 11:16:08 PM »
The iCam Broker Server listens on UDP port 12613 so iCam and the iCamSource will need to communicate out to that port, in addition to the 12000 - 12100 range.

janiemae

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: February 27, 2013, 03:12:13 PM »
I have done all this things that you have stated , but we still cannot use our cameras.   Do you have the old original download for the icam.   The cameras, the internet and all worked then.  But I cant get them to work now.  I want and need this thing to work.

Thanks