Author Topic: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding  (Read 232963 times)

fabriceb

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding
« Reply #90 on: November 29, 2011, 11:29:27 PM »
Help please, I have a DLink DIR632 router with 3 Foscam IP cams, set-up all as per your useful instructions and forum but i am stuck with 'UPnP Sucess 12002 - 12002'. I have disabled SPI and made sure that UDP and TCP have 'EndPoint Independent' selected.

I also have set the 12000-12100 on the computer's ip in the port forwarding rules. Running out of idea... feel like im so close of getting there, been battling with it for weeks now.

any suggestions!!!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2011, 12:03:06 AM »
If you already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer's web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12000 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send me a screenshot of your router's port forwarding configuration to support@skjm.com so we can verify the settings.

Please reference this forum post and your user name in your email.

fabriceb

• View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2011, 03:48:29 PM »
i confirm the port is functioning as expected and is marked as "open" from the port checker website.

I have sent you a screen shot of the port forwarding rules of the router as requested. Appreciate the prompt response

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:21 PM »
fabriceb is receiving support via email.

Weeblewobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #94 on: December 01, 2011, 07:24:04 PM »
I think you may have answered this query earlier to another user via email...

I am getting source errors trying to use iCamsource over a "Three" Huawei E586 MiFi 3G Modem.  I am unable to find any port forwarding setting and UDP is enabled.  There are settings for "Special Applications" however:

Is this where I need to enter the 12000-12100 bits?  What goes in the other fields?

I'm assuming this will cure my inability to connect or do you know of specific Huawei E586 settings?

Thanks

Hi,

I  have the same problem with mifi and huawei e586 mobile router.  UPnP is enabled, icamsource says "connected to server", auto config is ticked, and port-forwarding on software ticked.  Not sure what I now need to do on mobilem router.  icam software on iphone (on same wifi network) gives error "one or more of the icam sources returned by the icam broker service could not be connected to".
Any & all help appreciated

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: December 02, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
Only one option should be enabled. For now, please uncheck port forwarding and let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Also, if you're seeing the Source Connection Error when your phone and computer are connected to the same network, that indicates the problem is caused by firewall software on the computer, since the network traffic isn't going through the router in that case. Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working.  If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.

Weeblewobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: December 03, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
Hi,

Only auto-config ticked now and when I start iCam source the error 'UPnP may not be enabled' appears beside the tick box.
But it has been enabled on the E586 mobile router already.  I tried disabling and re-enabling, turning off the firewall.... no joy.
When I try to connect on my iphone I still get the error 'one or more of the iCamSources...could not be connected to'.
Sorry- but I'm not the most technical of people so have no idea where to go from here.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: December 05, 2011, 10:46:57 PM »
Since the Auto-Config Router option did not work you will need to forward ports to your router. You previous posted your device's settings. The port forwarding settings would be on the Security -> Virtual Server page. If you have trouble figuring out those settings, please email a screenshot of the settings on that page to support@skjm.com and reference this post and your username.

Weeblewobbles

• View Profile
« Reply #98 on: December 07, 2011, 02:26:05 PM »
Hi,
I entered each of the ports ,12000 to 12005, under virtual server- an entry for each.
Then I changed the port settings in icamsource to the same. And hey presto it worked.
Many thanks for your help. A great product too!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: December 07, 2011, 08:08:32 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

marcin97

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2012, 04:04:33 PM »
How do I revert registry entry on my Win7 pc? I have used the link posted in the first page of this forum to open up the ports.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: January 17, 2012, 08:34:28 PM »
How do I revert registry entry on my Win7 pc? I have used the link posted in the first page of this forum to open up the ports.

The registry entry displays the Port Range checkbox in the iCamSource window, so there's no need to 'undo' it.  If the Port Range checkbox is unchecked, then it will behave exactly the same as if there was no registry entry.

digeratimvp

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2012, 08:30:32 AM »
Thanks for this tip. I needed to do this for it to work on ATT 3g and it does now indeed work. I have two computers setup and I set up 12000-12100 UDP to one computer and 12200-12300 to the other computer.
Thanks!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 10:48:46 AM »
You're most welcome.

I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

canoad56

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2012, 04:51:35 PM »
Hi, there

I had this working before but had to reconfigure linksys wrt600n and now I can't get icam to work over 3g network only over wi-fi. I am confused over what to set to static ip, the computer or the router. Tried the router and still not working. I can't follow the port forward guide because the screens don't match the guide. What to I do?

Thanks