Author Topic: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding  (Read 233307 times)

Skeeter

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding
« Reply #75 on: September 08, 2011, 10:41:14 AM »
It's a Verizon/Fairpoint Westell 327W DSL Modem

Thanks

What is the Brand/Model of your router?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 09, 2011, 12:08:08 AM »
Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/A90-327W15-06/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

Skeeter

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 10, 2011, 12:44:36 PM »
I have already followed this instructions, but the screen shot examples that are given do not match what I have.  For instance, take a look at the screen capture below.

Here is a link to the port forwarding instructions for your particular router: http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/A90-327W15-06/default.htm

Following these instructions:

Forward the port range 12000-12100 (UDP protocol)  to the computer running the iCamSource.

Once this is done and you've enabled port forwarding in the iCamSource program, you should be able to access your iCamSource.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource program, follow the directions in this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: September 13, 2011, 12:31:26 AM »
Skeeter is receiving support through email.

nitramgerg

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2011, 10:29:04 AM »
Hello, I recently purchased the icam app for android and have it running on my samsung galaxy s2 however when i try to add a second camera from the same network it keeps telling me that the 12000 port is blocked the only way i can get the second camera to work is alone by it self and then it will tell me the the 12000 port is blocked on the other computer my ip address is static on both pcs 192.168.1.50 and 192.168.1.51

I have to goto the router settings and open the port range from 12000-12100 with the ip address of 192.168.1.50 and the first pc's camera will work but not the second one
so I change the port settings  to                                            12000-12100 with the ip address of 192.168.1.51 and the second pc's camera will work and then it says the 12000 port is blocked on the other pc again

if i try to open the ports on both ip addresses it says that it already exists

my router is a tp-link wr340g  and as far as i can tell i have done everything properly but just cannot seem to add the second camera at the same time
I can do one or the other just not 2 at once???

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 20, 2011, 10:35:36 AM »
nitramgerg is receiving support through email.

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2011, 08:54:25 AM »
According to your toubleshooting page I now need to do port forwarding, why is this when I didnt need to before? Also it seems that I need a static IP address which I do not want to have!

What is the solution as it seems strange that it worked fine before!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2011, 08:51:14 PM »
According to your toubleshooting page I now need to do port forwarding, why is this when I didnt need to before? Also it seems that I need a static IP address which I do not want to have!

medway is receiving support on this forum thread http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.new;topicseen#new

medway

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 26, 2011, 06:47:05 AM »

medway is receiving support on this forum thread http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.new;topicseen#new

I havent received any support yet! I am still waiting!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 26, 2011, 10:30:52 AM »
According to your toubleshooting page I now need to do port forwarding, why is this when I didn't need to before? Also it seems that I need a static IP address which I do not want to have!

I havent received any support yet! I am still waiting!

Please see the above mentioned thread.

stickybloke

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2011, 09:31:12 AM »
I think you may have answered this query earlier to another user via email...

I am getting source errors trying to use iCamsource over a "Three" Huawei E586 MiFi 3G Modem.  I am unable to find any port forwarding setting and UDP is enabled.  There are settings for "Special Applications" however:

Is this where I need to enter the 12000-12100 bits?  What goes in the other fields?

I'm assuming this will cure my inability to connect or do you know of specific Huawei E586 settings?

Thanks

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 24, 2011, 10:15:44 PM »
Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

Also, the port forwarding settings may be under "Virtual Server" in the screenshot you have posted.

z4ever

• View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 08, 2011, 12:24:14 PM »
Good morning,

I just bought your application for my Iphone 3G S and work great with WiFi but with the 3G mode I have some problems

I have a PC in my house with a router Zyxel P 660 wifi and 2 Axis camera ip wifi, everything work good when I do the first connection with my Iphone and 3G mode, I can see all the 3 cameras working perfect and I can zoom on them too...until I close or I refresh the application on the Iphone is ok, the problem is when I try to exit from the ICam or if I try to refresh the cameras on the Iphone, then I lose completely the connection to the server and the only solution at the problem is to go on the PC and to Stop and to Restart again on the main MENU (I have to press the button down on the right of the Menu panel), then everything restart perfect

I tried many times and I am sure that the port forwarding is ok because my UDP 12000 port is open checking on the link that you gave, I abled the Unpg and I tried even to switch off my Norton Firewall but doesn't change anything, look's like that there is a bug on the program on the iphone if you close the application or if you try to reload the cameras because exactly in that moment you are not able anymore to connect with the server from the Iphone

can you help me please?

thank's a lot

Stefano

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 09, 2011, 12:15:46 AM »
z4ever is receiving support via email.

Paper Giraffe

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 29, 2011, 05:36:42 PM »
I was wondering if you could give me your advice. I worked with email support and had no luck as my modem needed to be bridged and I could not get it bridged.

I now have my modem bridged, external router port forwarded and when I check port 1200 it shows open. I get the "source connection error" upon opening Icam on my iphone via 3g but it does connect via home wifi.

Computer = 27" Imac IOS 10.6.8
Modem = Westell G90-610015-20
Router = Belkin f5d8233-4v3
ISP = Verison DSL Southern California
Iphone = Att Iphone 4s and Iphone 4 (tried both)
Iphone IP starts with 166