Author Topic: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding  (Read 232990 times)

dkb52

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding
« Reply #60 on: May 15, 2011, 09:09:49 AM »
I recently started receiving iCam Source errors again.  Totally frustrating, because I was receiving "push" notices on my iPhone that motion was detected.  I started receiving the errors on Edge/3G; but all was fine on the home wi-fi network.

I remembered having the problem months ago; and went back to check which ports were being forwarded in my router settings.  Sure enough, after a system reset, my port assignments had changed, so sure enough my router was doing what it was supposed (told) to do; just the wrong ports were being forwarded (after reassignment).

Thank goodness my router has a "wizard" to tell me the ports assigned to each device.  Once I changed my forwarded ports to the correct ones, my icam & icamsource started talking together just fine on Edge/3G/home wi-fi.

Great Forum, because I can "refind" what I had to do last time to get things working!  :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 15, 2011, 11:02:35 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

bdellisola

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 14, 2011, 10:00:14 PM »
Hi, i have searched but can't find the answer to my problem.  I have multiple macs running icamsource that i must portforward to.  The problem is that i read earlier in this post that i should use a range for each, but i can't find a way to set that range for each mac/icamsource instance.

I did see in a review of an earlier version that there was a setting that allowed me to do it in preferences, but it's no longer there for me.  UPnP hasn't worked and only one of my cameras is viewable from the outside (the one assigned to 12000-12100).

I am using a DD-WRT router.  Thanks in advance!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2011, 01:17:37 AM »
What version of iCamSource are you running? Please make sure you are running the latest version (2.3.1 BETA): http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

To enable port forwarding please see this forum post: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any problems with the instructions on that page, please send the Brand/Model of your router to support@skjm.com and reference this post so we can find port forwarding instructions for your particular router.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2011, 11:51:39 AM »
If you are running Mac OS X, you will need to add an iCamSource user defaults setting:

1. Open a Terminal windows from Applications > Utilities > Terminal
2. Copy and paste the following line of text into it and press Enter:

defaults write com.skjm.icamsource PortRangeSet -bool true

3. Restart the iCamSource. You should now see a checkbox allowing you to enable Port Forwarding.  Check it, and you should see the range 12000 to 12100 by default.

bdellisola

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 19, 2011, 04:13:36 PM »
That worked!  Many thanks!!!

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 19, 2011, 09:44:00 PM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

datoni

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 25, 2011, 02:15:46 PM »
Dear SKJM,

Love your app! :)
Have one question. I've got things working thru wi-fi. The connection with 3G is still not working correctly. It works when the programm (icamSource) is running on my pc but when i close it my app says "no sources found"?
When using Port Checker is says it is stil blocked....(port 12000).

Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!
Datoni from NL

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 25, 2011, 05:37:50 PM »
Thank you for your post and I am sorry that you are having problems.

When you say "when I close it" do you mean when you close the iCam App on your phone or the iCamSource on your computer? iCamSource needs to remain running on your computer in order to view the webcam on your iPhone.

Are you receiving another error via 3G when you do have iCamSource running on your computer?

datoni

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2011, 12:11:09 AM »
thanks for the fast support!
I thought I could run this app whitout turning on my pc! Stuppid I quess??
I run a router/modem from Zyxel P-260 1HN -F1 with a Wireless Internet Camera (Sitecom wireless internet security camera 150N).

Funny thing is that i can see THE camera on THE webpage of THE camera on my iPhone whitout turning on my pc, with wifi.

So there is no way of redirecting THE images from the camera to an iPhone with a wireless router/modem? Without Leaving THE pc on??

Thanks!
datoni
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:41:46 AM by datoni »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:58 PM »
No, the iCamSource program needs to be running on your computer in order for iCam on your phone to connect to it. This is due to the firewall/NAT piercing techniques used by iCam. Also, the motion detection features of iCam (push notifications and motion recording) require iCamSource to be running in order to perform the motion detection processing.

datoni

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 28, 2011, 02:53:46 AM »
Thanks!
Great support at SKJM :)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2011, 11:45:31 AM »
Thank you for the positive feed back  ;D

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

Skeeter

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: September 06, 2011, 06:10:32 PM »
I am using your trouble shooting tip post you provided to fix the source not found problem when you switch to 3G, and I get all the way to the point where you configure your router, but it does not look like the example given on the port forwarding site, I actually had to go into advanced settings and it said "     

Configuration File

Use the Router's Configuration File feature to save and load configuration files, which are used to backup and restore the Router's current configuration.

1. To take Back up of the Router's current configuration, click the "Save Configuration File" button.

2.To Load a previously backed up configuration file, click the "Load Configuration File" button.
Note: Loading a previously backed up configuration file will overwrite the current configuration of the router.

Not sure which one to do, I do not want to mess up my router!  Thanks for the help.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: September 07, 2011, 04:38:56 PM »
What is the Brand/Model of your router?