Author Topic: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding  (Read 233435 times)

Bud

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 103 - Port Forwarding
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 02:03:34 PM »
Thanks Stefan

sharp

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 11, 2011, 02:20:32 PM »
Hi there, but how about wireless modems from three broadbrand?????

Thxs

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 11, 2011, 04:14:55 PM »
sharp is currently receiving support via e-mail.

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2011, 10:44:25 AM »
Stefan,

I'm trying to get this working behind my Cisco ASA 5510.  I've NAT'd the workstation running the iCAM source to a public IP address and opened ports 12000-12100 to the workstation.  My camera is feeding the source properly and can see the video on the workstation.  PORTchecker.net reports that 12000 is open.  I have no errors (except when I try the Router auto-config, get uPNP errors), but can't get the video feed to my Android or iPhone. I've verified that my login is correct on source and iCam.  What gives?  Any help is appreciated.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2011, 02:41:51 PM »
What error message are you seeing when you are unable to connect: No Sources Found, Broker Connection Error, or Source Connection Error? Are you having problems connecting when your phone is connected via 3G, local WiFi, or both?

stevo

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 24, 2011, 02:19:36 PM »
Stefan,

Correction...it shows up properly on the iPhone, but my Android app doesn't display video, says only "Connecting to CamSources".  Verified that username/pw are correct. hmmm

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 24, 2011, 04:06:24 PM »
Is this when the Android phone is connecting via 3G, the same local WiFi network as the computer running the iCamSource, or both?

miikalep

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 21, 2011, 01:43:46 AM »
Hi!

I´ve read this thread and done the port forward thing, ports from 12000 to 12100 are open (portchecker confirms). iCamWeb works fine from the same wifi, not from another ip (tried mobile tethering with another computer).

With my Android (2.3.3 on a ZTE Blade) I sometimes get a connection when on the same wifi BUT it takes 15 seconds to connect and the picture refreshes only every 15 seconds. This works maybe once out of three, sometimes it only gives me an initial picture but not a feed. Trough 3G I get the usual "Source connection error" (same with iCamWeb with mobile tethering).

Strange thing is that iCamSource shows "Num connected: 1" pretty quick, in less than 5 seconds. Still no feed!? This happens trough bolth 3G and wifi.

My computer is Macbook late 2008 aluminium, running 10.5.8, iSight camera. Wifi connection is trough Zyxel P-600 modem, ADSL 10/1 Mbit/s. 3G connection is also 10 Mbit/s, reception is good. My skill level is pretty good.. Can this be just a problem with Android? My ROM is Cyanogen Mod version of Gingerbread. I have AdFreeAndroid installed, but I also tried uninstalling it and rebooting android, no difference.

Also tried with the tick box android checked and unchecked, with and without audio, different quality settings, different usernames and passwords, clearing iCam data from the phone and also reinstalling.. everything! My firewall is disabled bolth from OSX and from the router.

The performance I see in the Youtube advertisement is stunning (trough wifi probably), how come I only get one frame / 15 seconds and nothing over 3G? Is the android app not the same quality as the iOS?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 21, 2011, 10:13:57 PM »
Is the framerate slow in the iCamSource preview window or just on the Android device?

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource before clicking the Start button? If that doesn't work, please let me know what status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled.

miikalep

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 22, 2011, 12:21:21 PM »
Thanks You for a reply. The preview window is like photobooth, only a tiny lag and good framerate. Auto config works if I enable UPnP from the router, no difference in any of this. Auto config status message is "UPnP Success 12000 -> 12000".

I think the problem is not in the router, since I see the "Num connected: 1" every time and quickly. Also, after several boots of all the machines involved I've managed to get a slow videofeed trough 3G! So in some way the connection works. But only twice so far.. and with a 60 second connection time, 15 second lag and framerate of 1 / 15 s. Same thing with wifi.

So this is no longer a port forward issue, but lag and quality issue.

Is there a way to make the iSight image quality lower, other than the framerate - IQ slider? Can my phone have too little power to decode the video? I´ve streamed a lot of other video with the phone and games work fine. The phone is a bit overclocked. Data speeds with the phone have been good.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 23, 2011, 12:28:22 PM »
Is the iSight the only camera you are using? If not, what are the Brand/Models of the other cameras?

miikalep

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 25, 2011, 04:16:48 AM »
Yes, the built in iSight is the only one.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 25, 2011, 10:29:15 PM »
What framerate do you see if you connect using iCamWeb (http://skjm.com/icam/web/)?

miikalep

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 26, 2011, 12:38:17 PM »
Thank You for answering again! With iCamWeb and the same computer (as the iCamSource) I get maybe one frame a second. With android on the same wifi I get one frame in 7 seconds, on 3G one frame in 10 seconds. All with the slider next to "best frame rate". With android the image quality is really bad, with iCamWeb IQ is usable. The reliability of connection is 2/3 now. I try this several times a day.. trying to see what the dog does while alone.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 26, 2011, 04:25:02 PM »
There are some tests we'd like to try, please send an email to support@skjm.com.