Author Topic: iCamSource 2.4.5 BETA - Foscam Audio Support  (Read 32190 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.4.5 BETA - Foscam Audio Support
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2012, 08:02:14 PM »
I have a similar outdoor Foscam camera that doesn't support audio (I am not 100% sure on the model number) and it doesn't result in any sound. The sound would have to be received from a videostream.asf URL ... If the stream doesn't have audio in it then it shouldn't play anything back.

Odd.

I guess if videostream.cgi works for you then that solution should work for other folks who might experience the same issue.

Conrad60

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2012, 02:17:51 AM »
Because of the great distance between some of my cameras and my router, several cameras have a wired connection to the router.
They get together in a 8 port hub; from there goes a (at least 80 meter) cable to my router, perhaps this could be an issue as well...

I'll check this (plug out the FI8918W camera and then there should be silence).

anyway, it isn't much of a problem, since there is a work around  :)

cu
Conrad

streak

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2012, 12:07:07 AM »
Yay! Great to see this!

Audio doesn't work on one of my six Foscam FI8918W units, and I believe it's just defective hardware.

Audio on all units (of those that work) exhibits loud mechanical background noise. The mic seems quite sensitive, though. Sounds in the room do overpower the background. Automatic gain control by the camera is perhaps involved: when no sound is detected, gain is amped up and produces the noise.

If you need iPhone->Foscam support right now, try Livecams Pro (for iOS at least). (I much prefer iCam but Livecams Pro supports a few extra functions that come in handy.) Livecams Pro exhibits the same background noise, so the background wouldn't seem to be anything that can be fixed on the Mac/PC/smartphone side.

Audio delay in either direction (cam->phone, phone->cam) is about 2 seconds over my LAN.