Author Topic: Yet another 2 cams/one computer question  (Read 3765 times)

brundlefly

• View Profile
Yet another 2 cams/one computer question
« on: January 04, 2009, 02:53:13 PM »
Howdy folks,

I deliberated for some time as to whether or not I should bother posting this thread, but decided to go on ahead as, even though it is extremely similar to a lot of threads already up here, I have a slight difference and I figured it could be worthwhile for both the developers and users of the application to read it.

Essentially, like a lot of other people here, I'm keen to use this application with 2 cameras on one computer. I'm using an iMac, running OS 10.4, and am using the built in iSight, as well as a USB camera (the Microsoft standard one for use on the Xbox 360).

Both cameras work fine with the the source app and iPod touch when used independently, so I had fairly high hopes for running them both at once. I copied the source application as described (at least I hope I did correctly - I just right clicked, then copied it, then pasted it alongside the original in the Applications folder). I can open both the original and the copy at the same time.

However, whenever I try to run the iSight on one and the USB camera on the other, I am met with a black screen on whichever camera I start second. Both apps work fine when running together, as long as just one camera is used.

If anybody has experienced this and found a way around it, I'd love to know what it is. However, I know that this method is already a workaround and this is a killer app nonetheless, so I'm not expecting much. Just thought I'd pop it up here as I expect support for 2 or more cameras from one computer will be included or at least thought about in an update.

Cheers chaps.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Yet another 2 cams/one computer question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2009, 03:59:14 PM »
brundlefly - Thanks for the post. :)

Is your iMac an Intel or PPC? If we can re-create the symptoms we can usually solve the problem.

brundlefly

• View Profile
Re: Yet another 2 cams/one computer question
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2009, 06:33:08 PM »
brundlefly - Thanks for the post. :)

Is your iMac an Intel or PPC? If we can re-create the symptoms we can usually solve the problem.

Ahh well that would be great if it's at all possible! It's an Intel iMac.

Thanks!