Author Topic: Using my iPhone 4s. . . to view. . . . my iPhone 3 (as a WebCam)  (Read 3413 times)

palmerbeepee

• View Profile
With my "iPhone 3" connected to my Wi-Fi, can I use iCamSource as a "WebCam" AND then, view those images over my "iPhone 4s" using regular iCam???

My understanding of the normal "desktop" configuration is to use the desktop's web cam to broadcast over a designated IP address. . . and then to remotely access that address through a remote laptop pc.

Since I've purchased an iPhone 4s, it would be great if I could use my old iPhone 3 as a web cam.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Using my iPhone 4s. . . to view. . . . my iPhone 3 (as a WebCam)
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 01:10:51 AM »
They have an app, called ipCam that will turn your old iPhone into an IP camera (a web cam connected through network instead of USB). You can then view your old iPhone's camera on your new iPhone through the iCam app. I haven't used it, but I'm sure it works considering they wrote it to work with iCam. :) Good luck!

Rachinc

• View Profile
Re: Using my iPhone 4s. . . to view. . . . my iPhone 3 (as a WebCam)
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »
Your iPhone may be too old to download ipcam? Apple recently made a big change to the App Store that would make a ton of older apps useless to older iPhones