Author Topic: mjpeg not working  (Read 5848 times)

dhaney

• View Profile
mjpeg not working
« on: January 10, 2012, 06:40:58 PM »
I'm using ipCam on my iPad.  I'm using it from work to monitor my puppy at home.  The forwarding is working great and i can see jpeg video most of the time but sometimes it loads quickly and then a broken image icon comes up.  Then if i use the MJPEG the video starts to load about a third of the way but then starts looking very glitchy.  i can hear audio but then chrome gives the ah snap problem.  I'm using a Macbook pro 17" i7 running OSx lion using the most up to date version of google chrome.  Thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: mjpeg not working
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 01:20:33 PM »
Do you see the same behavior in other browsers, such as Firefox?

dhaney

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 03:14:32 PM »
The first problem in Jpeg Mode seems to be working correctly in firefox when Chrome has the broken image icon after the first frame is loaded. 

The MJPEG version loads a full picture, but only the top 150 - 200 px seems to actually be refreshing, the bottom area doesn't seems to be refreshing. 

Donovan

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2012, 10:27:37 PM »
Are you using Chrome version 16.0.912.75 on your Mac, because that's the version we're currently using for testing..

Do you experience the same issues when connecting from a computer that is connected to the same local network as ipCam?

hfisch65

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2012, 11:49:07 AM »
I'm using ipCam on my iPad.  I'm using it from work to monitor my puppy at home.  The forwarding is working great and i can see jpeg video most of the time but sometimes it loads quickly and then a broken image icon comes up.  Then if i use the MJPEG the video starts to load about a third of the way but then starts looking very glitchy.  i can hear audio but then chrome gives the ah snap problem.  I'm using a Macbook pro 17" i7 running OSx lion using the most up to date version of google chrome.  Thanks.

Hi i use my iPad2 as ipCam. I have those issues when trying to get the mjpeg on my iPhone 4 (via internet/or 3G). I only get about one third to see the rest is grey. Using the iphone 4 used as server does not bring these issues when watching mjpeg from my iPad2 or from my iMac (core i5, 2011, 16GB, Firefox). This is strange is my iphone too slow.

Just tried it again, when using the iPad2 as ipCam the iPhone4 cant build an entire mjpeg picture.

2 Pictures:

http://www.harryfisch.de/pics/ipcam-1.jpg

http://www.harryfisch.de/pics/ipcam-2.jpg

« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:18:15 PM by hfisch65 »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2012, 10:16:06 AM »
What "Image Size" setting are you using? Does using different size and quality settings have any effect?

hfisch65

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2012, 11:39:30 AM »
Hi I used medium default settings without sound. I just tried it over my home network with image quality turned to low, and its good so. Now strangly I get some flickering but in all it works good on my iPhone 4 even in default settings. The distortion does'nt stay longer than seconds. Maybe it's a network problem. The app now works on my iPhone too. I can watch my budgies perfectly, this is great.

What "Image Size" setting are you using? Does using different size and quality settings have any effect?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, 09:11:22 PM »
Well, I am glad that things are now working better for you. It may have been a network problem, yes, but hopefully things will continue to work well for you. :)