Author Topic: Icam Crashing on New Iphone 4S  (Read 3276 times)

alan

• View Profile
Icam Crashing on New Iphone 4S
« on: December 10, 2011, 02:33:28 PM »
Is their some reason that App is creashing on new I phone. I have experieced this problem for the last several days. Also, since the last update I have problems logging into my cams on the Att 3 G net work. Logs in fine on Wi-Fi but no longer on 3g.
Please adivse

Alan

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Icam Crashing on New Iphone 4S
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 02:19:32 PM »
It could be that your login / password info on the iCamSource or iCam has gotten into a bad state. If you try changing your login / password combination to something else does it still crash via 3G?

We did have one other user experiencing a similar issue and when they changed their login / password combination the issue was resolved.

If changing your login / password does not fix things for you, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.

alan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2011, 08:03:15 AM »
i DONT THINK YOU GET WHAT iM TELLIN YOU
I HAVE 2 IPHONES
1) THE 3GS WORKS FINE-DOES NOT HAVE THE LATEST I CAM SOFTWARE
2) NEW I CAM 4S WITH NEW VERSION OF ICAM SOFTWARE. APP WILL NO LONGER START AS IT CONTONUALLY CRASHES. WHEN IT DID WORK PREVIOUSLY IT WOULD ONLY LOG IN IN A WIFI NET WORK. I HAVE 3 SEPERATE NETWORKS, 3 SEP ROUTERS ALL WORK FINE ON OLD I PHONE AND OLDER I CAM SOFTWARE

ANY IDEAS

THANKS

ALAN

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2011, 09:22:32 AM »
If you close your iCamSources and wait one minute does iCam still crash when you launch it or do you see a No Sources Found error message?

In order to change the login + password combination of iCam you can delete it from your phone and re-download it from the App Store. This will reset it's settings and allow you to re-enter your login info. If you use the same iTunes account that you originally purchased it with you will not be charged a second time.

alan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2011, 03:29:06 PM »
I just read your post and was about to delete I cam. Figured I would try it again and it worked fine. It would not open for over a week. No logic here

alan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2011, 09:33:40 AM »
ok it worked fine a couple of times and now its back to crashing. Must be a bug in New App on NEW i PHONE
hAVE NO PROBLEM WITH OLD APP ON PLD IPHNE 3GS

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2011, 11:57:07 AM »
There may be an issue specific to your iCam or iCamSource network configurations that may present itself with the new phone or new version of iCam.

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem. Please reference this forum post in your e-mail.