Author Topic: Wish List  (Read 1827 times)

Merlin

• View Profile
Wish List
« on: December 03, 2011, 09:12:03 AM »
Some of these ideas have already come up but I wanted to give my two cents on extra features for the future.

1. When you open iCamSource should it not automatically open rather than just running/minimized in the taskbar?
2. Just like on your phone could you have a full screen mode on the computer to view your cameras?  I have my computer hooked to the TV in the bedroom.  It would be nice to view the cameras just like on the phone app.
3. Expanding on the above, adding sound to the computer as well so you could hear as well as watch the video.
4. All the Airlink cameras have a "Patrol Mode."  This would be an awesome addition to all cameras that are Pan-Tilt.
5. Airlink has a night vision mode it would be nice to be able to engage that feature as well.
6. For the home computer, it would also be nice to have the option of an audio notification of motion.

Great App!  Keep up the good work...

Merlin

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 12:08:04 PM »
Personally, I prefer icamsource to run minimized in the taskbar because it's already set up and working...why have it cluttering my desktop? Also, I like it running minimized because that allows me to run it completely hidden as a service (great security feature incase the computer reboots unexpectedly or another user logs on...they won't have access to it). I'm not sure it would run automatically hidden as a service if it weren't designed to be minimized to the taskbar.

2 and 3 are good ideas. They've mentioned in the past that they might back a computer-based version of iCam..which would be cool.

4...I thought they added PTZ support for some of the Airlink cameras with the latest versions of iCam and icamsource?

5...Or maybe even a schedule feature on when to enable/disable the night vision mode so it would do it automatically? Be able to add schedules by month to adjust for the different sunset/sunrise times. I would think this would be the last feature they'd work on since it only applies to one brand of camera...but who knows? They added audio and PTZ for some of the Airlink cameras.

6...If they make a desktop version of iCam, I think it'd have this feature...or at least I'd hope so.

Good ideas!

Merlin

• View Profile
Re: Wish List
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 03:06:32 PM »
1. I do prefer it running minimized in the background, but when I first open it up it's nice to have it open for me to adjust my settings.
4. "Patrol Mode" on Airlink cameras is where you preset 8 positions on your Pan/Tilt camera and an interval time for these presets.  Your camera once engaged will then scroll through these presets in the time alloted between each position.

Just wanted to clarify....I feel greedy today.  8)

Merlin