Author Topic: Can't support more than 1 camera  (Read 6392 times)

lkimbriel

• View Profile
Can't support more than 1 camera
« on: February 28, 2011, 01:05:10 PM »
We installed iCam and had one wireless camera at the time. While it did seem to crash sometimes, the program did work. We installed a second camera and since then the program will not run with both cameras. It will crash daily, sometimes several times. We have changed routers, even installed a new pc at the house and it does the same thing. We know the pc receives signal from both cameras but cannot see them on iPhone. When we block one camera, the program works fine. Any suggestions?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
Re: Can't support more than 1 camera
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2011, 08:20:37 PM »
I had similar issues until I properly set up port forwarding. Have you tried enabling uPNP in the router, rebooting it, and then enabling auto router configuration in icamsource? If it's not properly forwarding ports using uPNP, you can manually forward the ports...but that means you also have to assign your computer a static IP on the network. Once you have port forwarding set up in the router, you also have to enable manual port forwarding in icamsource (on Windows, you need the .reg file from these forums to make this setting visible). Make sure you don't have both manual and auto configuration enabled at the same time.

lkimbriel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2011, 04:43:55 PM »
My wife says she has tried all of those suggestions and still does not work. It has been almost a week and over 80 views but only one reply. Either this has been discussed and the solution is already posted or there is no hope to get more than one camera working at a time. If the solution has been posted can someone tell me where it is? If not then I can simply delete the program and quit wasting our time on it. I tried to send screenshots to the email address that has been posted, but it came back as "delivery failure".

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2011, 11:58:22 PM »
With manual port forwarding set up in the router (and if you have a firewall program on the computer, allow that range of UDP ports through), try using a port checking program or website to verify that the ports are, in fact, open. When I first attempted to set up manual port forwarding, I thought I had set it all up correctly...but the ports were still closed once I checked. So then I knew that I still had something set up wrong.

I'm sure the SKJM guys will get back to you. They probably didn't reply because my suggestions were the most likely problem with your setup.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2011, 12:07:52 AM »
lkimbriel - If you aren't able to send an email to support@skjm.com, you can try sending it to skjm.support@gmail.com.

What status message appears next to the Auto-Config Router checkbox when you run iCamSource with that option enabled?

justin_ruch1180

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2011, 06:43:58 PM »
Is there a toll free number?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2011, 02:13:46 AM »
justin_ruch1180 - Unfortunately, we are a small company, so we are only able to provide email support (support@skjm.com) and this support forum.

lkimbriel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2011, 09:14:15 PM »
Sorry,we were out of the country. Here is the message when I auto config router

UpnP Dual Nat ext_ip: 192.168.0.2

When this is enabled I cannot get a camera to load, but when I uncheck the box it works (one camera only)

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2011, 11:41:43 PM »
I believe that message means you have 2 routers on your network...or maybe a router and a modem that also functions as a router. If this is the case, you need to put one of the routers in bridging mode. If you don't see "bridging mode," simply disable the router/NAT function in the router settings and reboot the router. On the other router, make sure uPNP is enabled. If it doesn't start working immediately, try rebooting everything.

lkimbriel

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2011, 05:26:34 PM »
Ok I have tried all of these suggestions and still no dice. I can see both cameras perfect if I am on wifi here at the house. The trouble with that is I am only going through the router here at the house I assume.
One thing I have not mentioned is that we use Hughesnet because we live in a rural area. We have the Hughes HN9000 modem and I believe that it does act as a router as well and as far as I can tell, there is no way to go to the settings and change anything.
Has this problem been reported before? Surely I am not the first Hughesnet subscriber to try and get Icam to work.
When you try and connect through 3G, it will cause the ICamSource program to stop and shut down. Before it does however, you can still only see one camera.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2011, 09:19:01 PM »
Ahhh, Hughesnet is your problem. Another user reported issues with hughesnet. I can't remember specifically what it was with them...either their modem is acting as a router and/or has a firewall preventing the ports OR they are blocking UDP traffic altogether. You could call their customer service and explain that you need to be able to send/receive UDP traffic over a range of ports...preferably a range of ports that you can specify. Good luck...I think you're going to need it. Let everyone know if you are able to get them to help you and what specifically they did for you.

lkimbriel

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2011, 10:14:24 AM »
I wouldn't be suprised if it is Hughesnet. It is strange that if I disable one camera then I can see the other one though on 3G fine. I'll call the Pakistan help desk and see what they say.

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2011, 05:16:34 PM »
I found that old thread discussing hughesnet. Read it until you get about halfway down...I think someone else hijacks the thread after that:

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=978.0

lkimbriel

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2011, 05:36:17 PM »
I did see that and noticed in the end he hardwired the cameras and it worked. That's not an option for me, but it seems that the whole Hughesnet/router issues may not be the problem.
I noticed a pattern though with mine. With the 2 cameras running now, the one chosen on the pc that you can actually look at is the one that will not show up on my phone. If I switch them, then I can see the other one on my phone. But I have to log in to my home pc with my phone to switch them.
At least now IcamSource isn't crashing when I do view the one camera I can look at so I consider that some sort of progress. Could it be that the port range is the same on both cameras?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2011, 05:30:46 PM »
One test you can do that will narrow down the cause of the problem is to connect your computer directly to the modem (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working. If iCam doesn't work when the computer is directly connected to the modem, that indicates the problem is caused by the modem or the computer. If iCam works when you connect the computer directly to the modem, the problem is caused by the router.

What other router (Brand/Model) do you have on your network? The Dual NAT error indicates there are multiple routers on the local network.