Author Topic: Connect w/ 3G=yes, WI-Fi=no  (Read 6234 times)

OldManInFL

• View Profile
Connect w/ 3G=yes, WI-Fi=no
« on: March 24, 2011, 01:51:12 PM »
I can connect to my 2 usb cameras on 3G with my iphone4, but, on my 2 touches & ipad using wi-fi, I get the error "Source Connection Error One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to". Any ideas? ???

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Connect w/ 3G=yes, WI-Fi=no
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 04:43:02 PM »
There is possibly some firewall or security software running on your computer that is blocking the incoming connection from iCam to the iCamSource or you have multiple routers on your network that are each creating their own separate sub-networks that are unable to communicate with one another. If you have multiple routers on your network make sure that your iPhone running iCam and the computer running the iCamSource are connected to the same one.

What is the Brand/Model of all routers on the network and the Brand/Model of the DSL/Cable modem?

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 01:36:51 AM »
I have only 1 router and it is a linksys wrt160N v3

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 11:08:53 AM »
Do you have any firewalls, on your computer or router, that may be blocking the incoming connection from iCam to the iCamSource? Also, what is the Brand/Model of your Modem?

Also, do you see the error when the ipad/ipods are connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource?

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2011, 01:04:57 PM »
My cable modem is webstar by scientific atlanta. I can still connect via 3g from my iphone 4. I can not connect using wi-fi from iphone4, iphone3g, iphone1, ipad2 and your web interface.

I did have my system working great until this week when I installed roxio streamer. It stopped me from accessing my system from the outside, couldn't connect to icam, music server, and ftp server. I now have everything working again except icam and my ftp server. I am running norton internet security, but, have not made any changes to it and icam worked with it before.

The only new thing is my ip address from dyndns.org has changed, but my name is still kramerpc.dyndns.org

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2011, 11:39:15 AM »
What error message are you receiving? Do you see the error when the ipad/ipods are connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource?

What is the model of your Webstar? Also, what is the Brand/Model of your router?

Are there any firewalls, on your computer or router, that may be blocking the incoming connection from iCam to the iCamSource?

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2011, 03:29:13 AM »
What error message are you receiving? The error message is "Source Connection Error One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to"

Do you see the error when the ipad/ipods are connected to the same local network as the computer running iCamSource? I can still connect via 3g from my iphone 4. I can not connect using wi-fi from iphone4, iphone3g, iphone1, ipad2 and your web interface

What is the model of your Webstar? My cable modem is webstar DPC2100R2 by scientific atlanta.

Also, what is the Brand/Model of your router? I have only 1 router and it is a linksys wrt160N v3

Are there any firewalls, on your computer or router, that may be blocking the incoming connection from iCam to the iCamSource? I am running norton internet security, but, have not made any changes to it and icam worked with it before last week.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2011, 04:37:07 PM »

Please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and send your external IP address to support@skjm.com so that we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 06:44:53 AM »
My ip address is 184.88.180.221

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 11:50:02 AM »
Please quit or disable all firewall software on the computer running iCamSource (temporarily) to see if iCam starts working. If it does, we can configure the firewall to work with iCam.

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 12:51:45 AM »
I don't understand why turning off my firewall now will have anything to do with my problem; it worked 2 weeks ago with the firewall on and I have made no changes to it.

Please explain what the difference between using 3g, which works, and using wi-fi, fails? Doesn't both connect thru my router & firewall?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2011, 04:02:51 PM »
Turning off your firewall may or may not take care of the issue but it will eliminate it as a possible cause. I'm not sure what's changed in your system since the addition of Roxio Stream but 99% of the time, this behavior would be caused by the phone and computer being connected to different routers. As you've mentioned you only have one, I would like to work through the known possible scenarios.

If disabling the firewall does not work, please try rebooting your router.

OldManInFL

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2011, 12:55:38 AM »
I changed my router to use only 20mz and only channel 11 and I now have 3g & wi-fi. I don't understand how, but, just happy wifi is back. (also, my wifi has not been dropped since I made the change)

thanks...

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2011, 10:42:59 AM »
I'm glad you got it working!