Author Topic: cant stay connected to icam broker server  (Read 5445 times)

ice

• View Profile
cant stay connected to icam broker server
« on: November 27, 2011, 07:31:16 AM »
i have 3 imacs running lepord and the latest version of icam 2.4. im using i phone 4 and ipad2 with 5.0.1 on them. can connect with all when fisrt started, but get a source connection error after 10 min or so (one or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to). i can stop the icam service and restart on my macs and can reconnect again, but it only last for a little bit before getting the same error. ive been useing icam for over a year and never had any problems until the latest updates by apple and icam. can this be fixed or can i downgrade to what used to work flawlessly?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: cant stay connected to icam broker server
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2011, 09:49:21 AM »
We believe that we may have tracked down the issue where the iCamSource could disconnect or crash after running for a period of time. We have a test version that a couple of users are currently trying, and initial reports have been positive: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.4.0.6.dmg

ice

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2011, 12:41:33 PM »
its seems to be working on my imacs. is there a version for windows 7. i have 2 macs running windows 7 with icam. only because i dont have mac compatible cameras for my mac mini's.

ice

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2011, 12:49:03 PM »
So far so good with the beta version. All 3 imacs have been up for almost 5 hrs now. Now for the mac mini's running windows 7.

swede76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2011, 08:15:47 PM »
I have had the same problem, ever since upgrading to 2.4 it just loses connection after a certain amount of time.  I tried the beta that was posted in this thread and I still am having the same problem.  I have 2 airlink wireless cameras connected and one or the other always loses connectivity and restarting iCamSource on my iMac resolves the problem every time.  It has worked flawlessly the past 2 years, is there a way to downgrade to 2.3?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2011, 04:32:48 PM »
I have had the same problem, ever since upgrading to 2.4 it just loses connection after a certain amount of time.  I tried the beta that was posted in this thread and I still am having the same problem.  I have 2 airlink wireless cameras connected and one or the other always loses connectivity and restarting iCamSource on my iMac resolves the problem every time.  It has worked flawlessly the past 2 years, is there a way to downgrade to 2.3?

I would suggest closing the iCamSource application and then deleting your com.skjm.icamsource.plist file in your Library/Preferences folder in your home folder. Then, when you re-start the iCamSource, you will be starting with a fresh set of preferences, and hopefully things will act as expected.

If you are running Lion it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose Library, then open the Preferences folder. The plist file will be in there.

Then try downloading the latest version of iCamSource 2.4.1 available on our support pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2011, 04:49:17 PM »
So far so good with the beta version. All 3 imacs have been up for almost 5 hrs now. Now for the mac mini's running windows 7.

Is iCamSource on your Mac Mini running Windows crashing? Are you running the latest version of iCamSource for PC (2.4.2)?

The issue fixed in the latest version for Mac was specific to the Mac OSX.

ice

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2011, 08:18:05 AM »
icam is working good on the windows side. i think it was the mac's messing them up. ever since i updated to the beta version on the mac's, all are working great? thanks. tim

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2011, 11:14:54 AM »
I'm glad you got it working!

Please let us know if you have any further questions or concerns.

swede76

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2011, 09:04:04 PM »
Looks like v2.4.2 fixed it. I haven't had any issues for 24 hours now.

ice

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 08, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »
ok, now my ipad or iphone wont connect on my home wifi to my icams at the office. tried a friends wifi and had no problem. So i then tried 3g/edge to connect. the iphone connects perfect, but my i pad gives me Source Connection Error, any ideas why my home wifi wont connect, and my ipad cant connect on 3g.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2011, 10:47:59 PM »
Ice is receiving support via email.