Author Topic: Newbie with question  (Read 2788 times)

Smorton

• View Profile
Newbie with question
« on: November 22, 2011, 08:53:16 PM »
I just bought a new iphone.  I want to take photographs remotely with another computer.  Completely new to icam.   Haven't bought it yet.  Is there a recommendation for a good but no super expensive web cam for taking just photos?  My computer is a PC. 

I wonder if I understand icam.  I want to use my PC to take photos, but use my iphone to monitor them.  That is the correct use isn't it?  I want to be able to take fairly good photos from PC but do it remotely with icam.  Can someone assure me this will work?  Is it hard to set up?  I have a tough time typing on the iphone.  Is it hard to set up?

Probably would use the motion detector feature.

Thanks
Smorton

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie with question
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 09:45:02 PM »
Thank you for your post.

That unfortunately is not the functionality of iCam. iCam is the application for your iPhone/iPod touch/iPad/Android phone that allows you to remotely monitor live video and audio feeds from your computers webcams.

iCam does support record of Motion Events (as JPEGs) but iCam does not allow users to take photos at will. More information about iCam can be found on our Support Pages here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

Please let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.