Author Topic: Can't get two cameras running on one PC  (Read 5289 times)

NUTTBALL

• View Profile
Can't get two cameras running on one PC
« on: December 30, 2008, 05:20:00 AM »
I know this has been posted, but none of the tips on those posts helped me out. I can get the cameras to work individualy but not together. I have tried opening two different windows but it gives me an error, and I have to close one. Both cameras do show in the drop down list though. Does anyone have a suggestion?   

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Can't get two cameras running on one PC
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2008, 12:06:18 PM »
Multiple cams on a single computer isn't an official feature and hasn't really been thoroughly tested, but several users have reported success getting it to work on both Windows and Mac.  I'll do my best to help you get it working.  If anybody else has experience getting multiple cams working, please chime in  :)

On the windows version, you should be able to run iCamSource, and then, once the first iCamSource window is up, run iCamSource again.  Then, there should be 2 iCamSource windows showing.

It's a little different on the Mac version.  You can't just run the same executable twice like you can on Windows.  On Mac, you need to make a copy of iCamSource.app, then run both the original and the copy in order to have 2 iCamSource windows running.

Once there are 2 iCamSource windows showing, you should set one window to use camera #1 and the other window to use camera #2.  If you want to view both of them from the same iPhone, make sure to set the login/password to be exactly the same on both iCamSource windows.

If it still doesn't work for you after following those steps, then I have some questions for you:

Are you using the Mac or Windows version?

What error message are seeing exactly?

NUTTBALL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2008, 05:32:12 AM »
This is the error i'm getting;

iCam Source 0.3

Unhandled exception has occurred in your application.

Object Reference not set to instance of object

What ever all that means. But if I try each camera by itself it works fine.

NUTTBALL

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2008, 05:33:07 AM »
Oh, and i'm running Windows Vista.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2008, 07:47:29 PM »
Sorry, I thought I replied to this earlier, but I guess I forgot to hit "Post" :)

So, on the first iCamSource window with camera #1, it works ok, right?  But then, when you run iCamSource a second time with camera #2, it gives you this error?

How many entries do you see in the the drop down list next to "Video Sources"?  What are they exactly?

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your cameras?

NUTTBALL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2009, 10:06:04 AM »
I think the problem had something to do with overloading the USB hub. I didn't get an error for that at first but then I did. I switched some things around, and now everything works. Thanks for your help though.  ;D

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 03, 2009, 10:47:35 AM »
I'm glad it's working for you!

That's good info for us to use the next time someone's cams aren't working.  Thanks for letting us know about it.