Author Topic: "No Sources Found. There are currently.....  (Read 9354 times)

BradTRN

• View Profile
Re: "No Sources Found. There are currently.....
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2011, 03:06:50 PM »
Now, I am experiencing crashes of the icamsource as well.
It is no longer just the rocketfish webcam. I'm currently out of town, and have had to restart icamsource 3x today (via remote login) on one of my computers running leopard.

My iMac running leopard as well, the iSight cam has failed and the rocketfish is running.

Any ideas?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2011, 12:05:42 AM »
Now, I am experiencing crashes of the icamsource as well.
It is no longer just the rocketfish webcam. I'm currently out of town, and have had to restart icamsource 3x today (via remote login) on one of my computers running leopard.

My iMac running leopard as well, the iSight cam has failed and the rocketfish is running.

Any ideas?

If iCamSource is crashing, there should be crash logs.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you are running Mac OS 10.6.3: they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports

If you are running Lion: it hides the ~/Library directory for some reason. You can get to that directory by running Finder and then holding the Option key while clicking on the "Go" menu at the top of the screen. If you're holding down the Option key, "Library" will be one of the choices available. You should choose /Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log. The crash logs should be there.

If you find crash logs, please send the most recent one to support@skjm.com. Please reference this post and your username.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 08:36:22 AM »
We believe that we may have tracked down the issue where the iCamSource could disconnect or crash after running for a period of time. We have a test version that a couple of users are currently trying, and initial reports have been positive: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.4.0.6.dmg

ice

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2011, 08:40:27 AM »
my bad, i started a post before finding this one. basically the same problem here. only since the update. ice

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 09:48:37 AM »
my bad, i started a post before finding this one. basically the same problem here. only since the update. ice

Have you tried the 2.4.0.6 test version mentioned above?

Baddaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 29, 2011, 08:58:55 PM »
Interesting.  I have a related but slightly different issue to this one.  I recently began using iCamSource again after taking a break because of difficulties getting my linksys cameras to work with Airport.   Turns out to be all security related problems with the wvc54gca, so I've disabled security on my AEBSs and resorted to MAC address control to control wireless access. 

I've got 4 linksys wvc54gca cameras and a Foscam Fi8918W camera.  I've got them all set up with static ip addresses and portforwarding on a FIOS router.  I have 4 AEBSs that operate in bridge mode and all seems to work with the MAC address access control. Although I'm suspicious that this may be causing my problem.

The problem is that I launch iCamSource, go to preferences, and add 4 cameras per the support page, with port forwarding.  All is well and I can access the cameras nicely on my iphone through an ATT connection to ensure that I'm good with portforwarding.  Works nice for a couple hours and then similar to your problem, I can see the live video on icamsource but as I switch from camera to camera, my Ethernet/Wi-Fi option disappears and along with it my camera URL and log-in info - while the camera's still running.  As I go through the camera list, they stop running when I move to the next and essentially, I have to exit icamsource, re-enter all the cameras and start all over.  All cameras are static ip, w/ portforwarding.

Any ideas what this might be? 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2011, 12:14:37 AM »
Interesting.  I have a related but slightly different issue to this one.  I recently began using iCamSource again after taking a break because of difficulties getting my linksys cameras to work with Airport.   Turns out to be all security related problems with the wvc54gca, so I've disabled security on my AEBSs and resorted to MAC address control to control wireless access. 

I've got 4 linksys wvc54gca cameras and a Foscam Fi8918W camera.  I've got them all set up with static ip addresses and portforwarding on a FIOS router.  I have 4 AEBSs that operate in bridge mode and all seems to work with the MAC address access control. Although I'm suspicious that this may be causing my problem.

The problem is that I launch iCamSource, go to preferences, and add 4 cameras per the support page, with port forwarding.  All is well and I can access the cameras nicely on my iphone through an ATT connection to ensure that I'm good with portforwarding.  Works nice for a couple hours and then similar to your problem, I can see the live video on icamsource but as I switch from camera to camera, my Ethernet/Wi-Fi option disappears and along with it my camera URL and log-in info - while the camera's still running.  As I go through the camera list, they stop running when I move to the next and essentially, I have to exit icamsource, re-enter all the cameras and start all over.  All cameras are static ip, w/ portforwarding.

Any ideas what this might be? 

Are you running Mac or Windows? Please make sure that you are running the latest version of iCamSource available here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

Baddaddy

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2011, 06:35:33 PM »
I'm running Mac. All sw is current.  Switched to live cams HD. It's been running flawlessly on my iPad and iPhone. It was worth the $20 for a dyndns account.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 02, 2011, 11:11:14 AM »
I'm glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.