Author Topic: ICamsource V2.4 Windows 7  (Read 11717 times)

HolmanGT

• View Profile
Re: ICamsource V2.4 Windows 7
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2011, 04:53:54 PM »
I had prepared a lengthy e-mail to iCam support, but then I noticed this tread and found my issues are the same as Crizo's. Except that I get no error upon crashing; iCamSource simply vanishes on me. Sometimes I can get the preference window to appear for a few seconds upon a fresh reboot, but that is it.

I have tried updating .net, wiping out the registry settings, and all sorts of install combinations. Nothing seems to get 2.4 to work.
I have been running 2.3.1 perfectly fine for weeks, and I guess I will go back to that for now.
I am running windows 7 32-bit on an Intel Atom server. Nothing else on this PC has changed, and my USB camera tested fine in other applications.

zapwizard,

You don't have to post a big lengthy message to Tech Support. I can tell you that they are definaltely working on a fix. Actually they sent me a version to test on my machine and the first one didn't work but a second did. I think they will have a fix very shortly at least that is my personal belief.

I am still using V2.3.1 Beta until they get the "Final Solution" worked out. By the way "zapwizard" I had to use the Reg Cleaner and delete the folder (with stuff in it) left by the un-installer to get V3.2.1 beta to work. Until I cleaned the registry and deleted the install folder in "Program Files" 2.3.1 acted the same as V2.4 which for me was to crash when I selected "Start".

Now, if you are like me and the fact that you posted here is a pretty good indicator that you are all we have to do is be patient.  ;)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2011, 09:47:35 PM »
Thanks to some debugging help from HolmanGT and others, I think we have a fix for this particular bug.

To get the fix, download and run this installer file: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.4.1.exe

The installer will update iCamSource to version 2.4.1.

Please let us know how it goes (success or failure).  If it looks like it's working for everybody in this thread, we'll release it on the main download page.

zapwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2011, 10:12:50 AM »
Thanks 2.4.1 worked for me. I did a uninstall, registry wipe, and deleted c:\program files\icamsource before installing 2.4.1.
It does seem like the uninstaller could be a bit more though in the next version too.

HolmanGT

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2011, 10:39:06 AM »
Thanks 2.4.1 worked for me. I did a uninstall, registry wipe, and deleted c:\program files\icamsource before installing 2.4.1.
It does seem like the uninstaller could be a bit more though in the next version too.

Zapwizard,

I jut installed 2.4.1 over the top of 2.3.1 and it worked just like previous versions, no problems. But I agree with you that the uninstaller should delete the "Install Folder" completely. It does leave the Registry Key behind also but key is completely empty, I would prefer that it removed the entire key also.

As I have mentioned my OCD likes things removed as cleanly as possible.  ::)

That said WORKING is a definite plus. !!!

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2011, 06:51:38 AM »
Did 2.4.1 fix Windows 7 64 bit crash yet?

HolmanGT

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2011, 09:29:34 AM »
Did 2.4.1 fix Windows 7 64 bit crash yet?

captual,

It did for me, HP 64 bit laptop.

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2011, 07:49:36 PM »
Yes 2.4.1 now seems to be working ok on Windows 7 64 bit now.