Author Topic: ICamsource V2.4 Windows 7  (Read 11719 times)

retiree.caf

• View Profile
ICamsource V2.4 Windows 7
« on: October 27, 2011, 06:48:41 PM »
I tried a clean V2.4 install and when I open the application all is fine.  At this point, Icamsource sees my WebCam (VX6000) and no other cams are programmed in.  As soon as I hit 'start' the application closes and windows reports a fix will be provided....  

I removed V2.4 and re-installed Beta 2.3.1 and all is fine.  I guess something in V2.4 doesnt' like either the VX6000 or simply windows 7...??

Cleaned all as suggested... and same issue.  I'll stick with 2.3.1 Beta for now as it works great for me, except for sound with DCS-932L - for some reason latest iCam & Beta 2.3.1 won't provide the sound on my iPhone/iPad/Touch.   Sound works if I use myDLink software...

Admin Edit:
Thanks to some debugging help from HolmanGT and others, I think we have a fix for this particular bug.

To get the fix, download and run this installer file: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.4.1.exe

The installer will update iCamSource to version 2.4.1.

Please let us know how it goes (success or failure).  If it looks like it's working for everybody in this thread, we'll release it on the main download page.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2011, 09:49:42 PM by Jay »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: ICamsource V2.4 Windows 7
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 01:21:31 AM »
Thank you for your post.

This is a known issue and we are currently trying to replicate it.

Is there an error message that gives any details about the cause of the crash?

Please try updating the .Net (http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=17851)

It's also possible that the registry key has somehow gotten into a bad state.

Please download and run (double-click) this file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

That will erase the current iCamSource settings in your registry. You will need to re-enter all of your settings, but hopefully the problem will be resolved if it's due to a problem in the registry.

HolmanGT

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 09:05:19 AM »
I am having the same problem as the OP "retiree_caf".

But only on my 64 bit HP laptop Win-7 it works fine on my older 32 bit desktop machine. Oh one exception, I tried going back to 2.3.1 and it will crash also.

I did as you suggested: Cleaned the registry with the tool you provided, re-installed .NET from the link you provided and then did a windows update to make sure .NET was the latest and greatest.

Still does the same thing. iCamSource will launch but when I click on start it crashes and I get the message that the program has failed and Windows is checking for a solution and then it say no solution, Windows is closing the application. Ugh!

Crash Report from Windows Event Viewer:

- System
  - Provider
   [ Name]  Windows Error Reporting
   - EventID 1001
   [ Qualifiers]  0
    Level 4
    Task 0
    Keywords 0x80000000000000
   - TimeCreated
   [ SystemTime]  2011-10-28T14:35:37.000000000Z
   EventRecordID 140300
    Channel Application
    Computer George-HPLT
    Security
 - EventData
   CLR20r3
   Not available
   icamsource.exe
   4e8e382a
   WiniCamSource
   4e8e382a
   46e
   13f
   System.NullReferenceException
C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Temp\WERADCB.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml C:\Users\George\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportArchive\AppCrash_icamsource.exe_fab6bce7653d3566736bf1f1942f7591ed7d1ed4_044eecbe
   101a20bc-0172-11e1-ad9c-00269e561258

Sorry but I couldn't figure out how to make the report an attachment...
Please help if you can. My OCD won't let me rest until I get this corrected.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 01:34:20 PM by HolmanGT »

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 06:30:08 PM »
 >:( Me too, same problem!
I tried both NET update and clean iCam, still crashes when camera selected start.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 06:36:54 PM by captual »

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2011, 08:45:03 AM »
May I get an earlier version so it works again? I removed icamsource and tried to get 2.3, but I only get 2.4?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 08:50:12 AM by captual »

HolmanGT

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2011, 08:52:28 AM »
May I get an earlier version so it works again?

The Original Poster returned to an earlier version and claims it worked for him. I tried the same thing and it wouldn't work for me.

But you can go here and they have a link to the previous version: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

Good luck

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 08:57:06 AM »
May I get an earlier version so it works again?

The Original Poster returned to an earlier version and claims it worked for him. I tried the same thing and it wouldn't work for me.

But you can go here and they have a link to the previous version: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

Good luck

I tried that-Thanks,  BUT even after dumping icamsource in programs, that "earlier Version" STILL loads 2.4!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 09:03:22 AM »
I tried that-Thanks,  BUT even after dumping icamsource in programs, that "earlier Version" STILL loads 2.4!

If Windows doesn't uninstall the previous version correctly I would try the following:

1. Uninstall 2.4
2. Delete the C:\Program Files\iCamSource folder.
3. Re-install a previous version.

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2011, 09:11:23 AM »

If Windows doesn't uninstall the previous version correctly I would try the following:

1. Uninstall 2.4
 OK "Delet the C: program files" did the trick.
            2.2.3  now re-installed and is working again on Windows 7.
Thnks
« Last Edit: October 29, 2011, 09:14:59 AM by captual »

HolmanGT

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »

1. Uninstall 2.4

OK Stefan,
I ran the reg fix you provided, deleted the iCamsource program folder then installed 2.2.3 and it now works.
Thanks... now if you can just get 2.4 to work for me I will be tickled pink !!!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2011, 09:23:41 AM »
OK Stefan,
I ran the reg fix you provided, deleted the iCamsource program folder then installed 2.2.3 and it now works.

We're working on it, still trying to replicate the issue on our test machines. (It just won't crash for us.)

You could also try the last BETA version (2.3.1) to get some more of the latest features that 2.2.3 doesn't have, like the Motion Detection Zones: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.3.1.exe

HolmanGT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2011, 10:06:17 AM »
OK Stefan,

We're working on it, still trying to replicate the issue on our test machines. (It just won't crash for us.)

You could also try the last BETA version (2.3.1) to get some more of the latest features that 2.2.3 doesn't have, like the Motion Detection Zones: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.3.1.exe

Stefen,

OK - I just installed 2.3.1 Beta (that you linked in) over the top of 2.2.3 and it also works fine.

If this helps you isolate any differences between your test machine and mine, here is a little discription of my machine:

1. Win-7 64 bit HP Pavilion dv7-3085dx Entertainment Notebook PC
2. I seem to remember a Microsoft .Net 4 collection of updates that came out last Tuesday. What I don't remember is if I tried V-2.4 before or after the .Net update.
3. I did as you suggested and reinstalled .Net 4 from the link you posted then ran windows update which re-installed the same updates that came out last Tuesday for .NET 4 then installed 2.4 again and it still crashes.

Anyway until you stumble on some fix (hopefully) I will just stick with the 2.3.1 Beta.

PS - thanks for all your quick replies, they are appreciated. Oh... one more thing and it is just for enlightenment purposes I too was put of by the Pop-Up asking for server donations. Normally things like that don't bother me but for some reason that one caught me off gurad. Also it was kind of click here ... with no indication of what I would be getting into financially i.e. was I going to agree to some ongoing donation, how much, etc. If it had said something like "would you like to make a one-time donation in any amount you desire" I personally would have clicked on it and helped out with your overhead. BUT I have clicked on stuff like that before and then spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to opt-out of some ongoing automatic charge to my credit card.

Now I am not saying that you folks would do something like that but you know how it is... once burned !!! Now that I know a little more about it (when 2.4 is fixed  ;) ) I personally will be more than glad to help out.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2011, 11:05:20 AM »
PS - thanks for all your quick replies, they are appreciated. Oh... one more thing and it is just for enlightenment purposes I too was put of by the Pop-Up asking for server donations. Normally things like that don't bother me but for some reason that one caught me off gurad. Also it was kind of click here ... with no indication of what I would be getting into financially i.e. was I going to agree to some ongoing donation, how much, etc. If it had said something like "would you like to make a one-time donation in any amount you desire" I personally would have clicked on it and helped out with your overhead. BUT I have clicked on stuff like that before and then spent a couple of hours trying to figure out how to opt-out of some ongoing automatic charge to my credit card.

Now I am not saying that you folks would do something like that but you know how it is... once burned !!! Now that I know a little more about it (when 2.4 is fixed  ;) ) I personally will be more than glad to help out.

The iCam Service Contribution message shouldn't pop-up automatically ... It's only when users tap on the "gift" icon, basically as a way to explain what the icon is. If you then tap "No" when asked if you want to make a contribution it just goes away ... If you tap "Yes" then it gives you the option of the three contribution amounts.

Unfortunately there is no way for us to allow users to "contribute any amount they desire" because the App Store doesn't support that, so I figured that if someone wanted to donate $1 they could, if they wanted to donate $3 they could donate $1 three times, if they wanted to donate $10 they could donate $5 twice, etc.

It may also be partly an issue of trying to convey enough of the right information to users within only a couple of sentences, and I do also understand the "once burned" concerns as well ... Not that we would do anything like that, of course.

Actually, if any developer tried to "pull a fast one" Apple would bring the hammer down upon them immediately or just reject what they were trying to do during the app approval process.

crizo

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2011, 11:56:27 PM »
I thought about creating a new topic...but this seems like the right place.

After I updated, iCamSource crashed repeatedly on win7.  I then uninstalled, ran the registry cleaner tweak, and reinstalled. iCam now starts, but crashes again right after choosing my camera and clicking start. 

Camera: Logitech quickcam orbit/sphere
Windows 7 32 bit(fully updated)

error:

Description:
  Stopped working

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name:   CLR20r3
  Problem Signature 01:   icamsource.exe
  Problem Signature 02:   0.0.0.0
  Problem Signature 03:   4e8e382a
  Problem Signature 04:   WiniCamSource
  Problem Signature 05:   1.0.4296.27669
  Problem Signature 06:   4e8e382a
  Problem Signature 07:   46e
  Problem Signature 08:   13f
  Problem Signature 09:   System.NullReferenceException
  OS Version:   6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
  Locale ID:   1033

zapwizard

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2011, 02:48:34 PM »
I had prepared a lengthy e-mail to iCam support, but then I noticed this tread and found my issues are the same as Crizo's. Except that I get no error upon crashing; iCamSource simply vanishes on me. Sometimes I can get the preference window to appear for a few seconds upon a fresh reboot, but that is it.

I have tried updating .net, wiping out the registry settings, and all sorts of install combinations. Nothing seems to get 2.4 to work.
I have been running 2.3.1 perfectly fine for weeks, and I guess I will go back to that for now.
I am running windows 7 32-bit on an Intel Atom server. Nothing else on this PC has changed, and my USB camera tested fine in other applications.