Author Topic: New Release - iOS iCam 2.1 + iCamSource 2.4  (Read 56560 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
New Release - iOS iCam 2.1 + iCamSource 2.4
« on: October 27, 2011, 09:43:44 AM »
What's new:

- Pan-Tilt support for select cameras.
- Global Motion Detection Settings allow users to turn the Sending of Push Notifications and Recording of Motion Events ON or OFF for all cameras with the tap of a single button.
- Thumbnail view sort order support.
- Users can now optionally contribute to the monthly bandwidth and server costs that we incur to keep the iCam Service up and running.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.

When you update iCam, please make sure that you also update to the latest version (2.4) of the iCamSource application on your Mac or PC. The latest version of the iCamSource can always be found at http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

As always, any and all feedback is appreciated.

Thanks! :)

UPDATE - iCam 2.1.1 has been released to the App Store and should fix the issues with older iPhones / iPod touches running iOS 4.2.1 and earlier.
UPDATE #2 - iCamSource 2.4.1 for Windows has been released that fixes a crashing problem effecting a small number of users.
UPDATE #3 - iCamSource 2.4.2 for Windows has been released that fixes a Logitech PTZ problem effecting users with multiple USB webcams.
UPDATE #4 - iCamSource 2.4.1 for Mac has been released that contains memory usage and stability improvements.
UPDATE #5 - iCamSource 2.4.3 for Windows has been released that fixes a bug in the Logitech PTZ logic that could cause stability issues for some users.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2011, 03:10:26 PM by Stefan »

insectophile

• View Profile
Re: New Release - iOS iCam 2.1 + iCamSource 2.4
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2011, 10:57:45 AM »
I installed both new releases, iOS icam 2.1 and iCamSource 2.4.

When I tap on the zoomed-in camera view on the iPhone I see the following: 

"Purchase Push on Motion in the Options screen to Send Push Notifications".

What is this?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2011, 10:59:16 AM »
What device and what version of iOS are you running?

We are seeing this on non-iOS 5 devices (iPhone 3G and the original iPhone) ... It did not show up in testing, so I am not sure why it is showing up now in release.

sffan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2011, 11:00:44 AM »
What's new:

- Global Motion Detection Settings allow users to turn the Sending of Push Notifications and Recording of Motion Events ON or OFF for all cameras with the tap of a single button.

Finally! Thank you.

I am not sure how this works. As soon as I open my 4 cameras and tap on one of them to enlarge and then tap once again to turn on Motion Recording, it already shows "ON" without tapping it to set Motion Recording. Then all 4 cameras are on. It seems to be automatic without actually pressing the button. Could be a problem of endless recording and I am not aware of it.

I tried to test this further by walking by a camera and discovered that I could no longer sign on - Source connection Error. I looked up at my iMac menu bar and discovered the iCam icon had disappeared. I reopened iCam Source and I always get Source Connection Error and cannot sign on.

So close...

Regards

UPDATE:

I tried again to sign on and I was allowed - I did not do anything special - just waited to type my post. Now When I want to set up Motion Recording, only the single camera that I press the Recording button will be recording. How do I turn on all cameras at once?

(Yes - I have downloaded iCam Source 2.4 and the current app)

« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:06:21 AM by sffan »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2011, 11:02:20 AM »
I installed both new releases, iOS icam 2.1 and iCamSource 2.4.

When I tap on the zoomed-in camera view on the iPhone I see the following: 

"Purchase Push on Motion in the Options screen to Send Push Notifications".

What is this?

That is code left over from a much older version of iCam. Users do not need to purchase Push on Motion as it has been included for free for a while now.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2011, 11:05:00 AM »
Finally! Thank you.

I am not sure how this works. As soon as I open my 4 cameras and tap on one of them to enlarge and then tap once again to turn on Motion Recording, it already shows "ON" without tapping it to set Motion Recording. Then all 4 cameras are on. It seems to be automatic without actually pressing the button. Could be a problem of endless recording and I am not aware of it.

I tried to test this further by walking by a camera and discovered that I could no longer sign on - Source connection Error. I looked up at my iMac menu bar and discovered the iCam icon had disappeared. I reopened iCam Source and I always get Source Connection Error and cannot sign on.

So close...

Regards

Have you updated to the latest version of the iCamSource? (Version 2.4)

sffan

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2011, 11:14:03 AM »
Yes - both iCam Source and the app are current today.

All of a sudden I can sign on (?!?) and can turn on all cameras at once by pressing the little global icon on the upper right corner and then Record Events "ON". Great - but how do I turn ALL of them OFF again? The only choice on the global list is "ON". I have to turn off the cameras one by one.

UPDATE: So sorry. Little iPod Touch4 and the "OFF" choice was hidden in landscape mode. Just a little shove up and there it was.
(groan)

UPDATE2: I went to try this again and discovered that the iCam icon again disappeared from my iMac menu bar and got the Source Connection Error. I opened iCam Source again and all was well with my iPod Touch4 but NOT with the iPod Touch2. Turning "OFF" globally leaves the button showing "ON" but does not record. My iPad2 works fine. (BTW, I am on Lion 10.7.2)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2011, 11:35:42 AM by sffan »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2011, 11:48:28 AM »

All of a sudden I can sign on (?!?) and can turn on all cameras at once by pressing the little global icon on the upper right corner and then Record Events "ON". Great - but how do I turn ALL of them OFF again? The only choice on the global list is "ON". I have to turn off the cameras one by one.

UPDATE: So sorry. Little iPod Touch4 and the "OFF" choice was hidden in landscape mode. Just a little shove up and there it was.
(groan)

UPDATE2: I went to try this again and discovered that the iCam icon again disappeared from my iMac menu bar and got the Source Connection Error. I opened iCam Source again and all was well with my iPod Touch4 but NOT with the iPod Touch2. Turning "OFF" globally leaves the button showing "ON" but does not record. My iPad2 works fine. (BTW, I am on Lion 10.7.2)

Just to be sure, are you running the latest version of the iCamSource on your Mac? (Version 2.4?)

I believe that there are some issues with older versions of iOS on older devices ... What version of iOS are you running on your iPods and iPad?

insectophile

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2011, 12:06:49 PM »
What device and what version of iOS are you running?

We are seeing this on non-iOS 5 devices (iPhone 3G and the original iPhone) ... It did not show up in testing, so I am not sure why it is showing up now in release.

I see it on my iPhone 3g/iOS 4.2.1 as well as on my iPod Touch 2G/iOS 4.2.1.
But not on my iPhone 3GS/iOS 5.0.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2011, 12:10:08 PM »
I see it on my iPhone 3g/iOS 4.2.1 as well as on my iPod Touch 2G/iOS 4.2.1.
But not on my iPhone 3GS/iOS 5.0.

We don't see the issue on an iPhone 4 running iOS 4.3.5 so it is likely an issue with the 4.2.x and earlier devices.

Homeyd1973

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2011, 01:43:08 PM »
Updated to icam source 2.4 and new iPhone and iPad apps.  I have a Mac with most recent leopard.  Don't want lion.  Previous icam source never once had issues. Previous apps never once had issues. Now when I try to use apps freeze when I change setting on iPad/iPhone.  Icam source keeps running on Mac fine, but the apps will no longer connect.  If I close source and relaunch apps works again, as soon as I change settings, be it notifications or record motion.  App freezes. Connections lost and no longer discovers running icam source.  Very frustrated,  I'd rather go back to what works.  Previous app and icam source.  Help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2011, 01:44:17 PM »
What model of iPhone (iPhone 3G, 3GS, 4, etc.) do you have, and what version of iOS is it running?

We are tracking down an issue with the changing of motion detection settings from older i-Devices (iPhone 3G, original iPhone) running iOS 4.2.1 or earlier. We are working on a fix and will submit it to Apple as soon as possible.

sffan

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2011, 01:47:20 PM »

(groan)

Just to be sure, are you running the latest version of the iCamSource on your Mac? (Version 2.4?)

I believe that there are some issues with older versions of iOS on older devices ... What version of iOS are you running on your iPods and iPad?

I am on 2.4   My iPod Touch2, which has the problems, is on IOS 4.2.1 - cannot be upgraded. My iPod Touch4 and iPad2 are on IOS 5 and work fine.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2011, 01:49:24 PM »
I am on 2.4   My iPod Touch2, which has the problems, is on IOS 4.2.1 - cannot be upgraded. My iPod Touch4 and iPad2 are on IOS 5 and work fine.

We are currently tracking down an issue on iOS 4.2.1 and earlier devices ... Once the issue has been resolved we will be submitting an expedited fix to Apple.

Homeyd1973

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2011, 01:52:21 PM »
I have new iPad 2 with 5.0, and my iPhone is a 4 with iOS 5.

I was running icam source on Mac previously for over a year no problems.  And I've had iPhone 4 and iPad 2 since launch with icam apps previous version. And never once had any type of freeze issues.  I would travel change notifications off on, change record off on. Turn icam app off on, without ever crashing. Without ever having to reset.  I'd had it go almost a week while away and my Mac and iPhone app always ran smooth.  I could trust it.  Now I'm scared to travel knowing this thing is going to fail me as soon as I leave the house.  Can I downgrade to previous versions.