Author Topic: Supported Pan-Tilt USB Webcams and Network IP Cameras  (Read 151852 times)

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Supported Pan-Tilt USB Webcams and Network IP Cameras
« Reply #45 on: January 27, 2012, 11:39:07 PM »
Yes, please install the supplied drivers.

When only connecting to a single camera, enabling the Auto-Zoom option will cause iCam to automatically zoom-in on that camera when it initially connects. - http://skjm.com/icam/help/#icam

alangore

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 28, 2012, 02:30:59 PM »
Thanks for the advice on auto-zoom. Since your "supported list of PTZ cameras" is for Windows only, I have set up a Vista virtual image (VMware) on my Mac. This has allowed me to install the Logitech drivers, which turned out to be all for Windows, and use the supplied utility to reposition the camera using Windows. This is a lot better for remote monitoring than having it permanently pointing up at the ceiling. I can now use Windows for repositioning the camera, and OS X for running iCamSource to view it remotely.

Has anybody been able to, using a setup like mine, run the Windows version of iCamSource in the virtual image and monitor it? When I try this I can do iCamSource setup within the VM, but but gets confused by the double interface of VM to IS X to router, and I can't view with the iCam app.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2012, 06:22:09 PM »
If you are having networking issues with the virtual machine running Windows it is probably because Parallels and VMWare setup the Windows installations with "Shared" networking by default, but what you are going to want to choose instead is "Bridged" so that the Windows installation acts like it is directly connected to your network router.

raymate

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 09, 2012, 06:19:37 AM »
Just picked up a Foscam FI8918W which works great took no time at all to set up.

Love that you can swipe to move the camera, question:

Do you have plans to add control buttons to the screen for camera movement?

Even if it could be doe that you can set the app to show the buttons on for cameras you tell it have pan/tilt then maybe make the buttons see thru on the edge of the screen.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2012, 12:17:12 PM »
We've not had any requests for that particular feature, however, we will add it to our list of potential features to implement in the future.

Fireviper

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2012, 04:00:54 AM »
Two Foscams FI8918W working fine for me, both PoE (Power over Ethernet).

Would be great to be able to define presets (Pan/Tilt) and toggle IR on/off via iCam.

Thanks so far, I already made an optional contribution.

mwhaley

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 27, 2012, 11:24:21 AM »
I have a Foscam FI8908W Wireless IP Camera and the pan/tilt operation is slow (to say the least), is their anything I can do to improve the speed of the movement ?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2012, 06:08:02 PM »
Are you seeing a delay between the time you make a PTZ command and the time the camera moves?

OUAnthony

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 07, 2012, 07:58:19 PM »
The Loftek CXS-2200 is supported if you use the latest icamsource beta version....pan/tilt and audio. It appears to be a rebranded Foscam.

Bchantler

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 13, 2012, 12:14:02 PM »
Hi Guys,

Pan & Tilt tested, works perfectly with Panasonic BL-C10  BL-C210 & BL-C230.

Thanks for a great product.

Barry

membervarun

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 27, 2012, 10:20:02 AM »
Dear Steven

I am doing to buy the Foscam 8918W camera but not sure the features this app supports.

I am basically looking to sync the iPhone app with the above mentioned camera, to enable me to record as soon as it detects motion and
1) sends me an alert and
2) starts recording.

Now, what I am not sure of is:
i) whether it starts recording on the iphone memory?
ii) if the iphone is not on network? what happens to the recording which otherwise, should have started, but given that it cannot immediately stream and record on iphone when not on network?

Lastly, does it support me to move around the camera? 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: May 28, 2012, 02:09:39 PM »
Dear Steven

I am doing to buy the Foscam 8918W camera but not sure the features this app supports.

I am basically looking to sync the iPhone app with the above mentioned camera, to enable me to record as soon as it detects motion and
1) sends me an alert and
2) starts recording.

Now, what I am not sure of is:
i) whether it starts recording on the iphone memory?
ii) if the iphone is not on network? what happens to the recording which otherwise, should have started, but given that it cannot immediately stream and record on iphone when not on network?

Lastly, does it support me to move around the camera? 

One of the main features of iCam is the ability for the iCamSource to send Push Notifications to your iOS (iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad) or Android device as well as record Motion Events to your computer whenever motion is detected. Also, Motion Events are recorded to the computer running iCamSource.  - http://skjm.com/icam/help/motion_detection.php

membervarun

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2012, 07:59:38 AM »
ok, this puzzles me. Will the recording once motion detect be on iPhone or only the computer where icamsource is running?

Also, if the icamsource and laptop where it is running is at home only, icam may not be useful as if my house is broken in, and laptop is also stolen, i would not be left with a video proof.'

I am looking for a solution that upon motion detect, the recording starts on my iphone. Does iCam do that? Secondly, if it does record on iphone, in case phone is not in the network, wondering what happens then?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2012, 12:50:49 PM »
Motion Events are stored on the computer running iCamSource, however a number of users use the free DropBox service to automatically mirror the Motion Events recorded by the iCamSource to a remote server in case the computer is turned off or stolen. There is also a free iPhone DropBox application that you can use to view your files away from a computer. - http://dropbox.com/

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2012, 08:38:43 PM »
Just to let you know, my Loftek CXS 2200 IP camera seems to work well with iCamSource 2.5; expecially "in" my home network.

I originally thought the pan/tilt function was not working (impatience).  Swiping the camera up/down/right/left, I did not immediately see a result in iCam.  I did sit by the camera and noticed it moved almost immediately; so the "loop" back to iCam took 8 to 10 seconds (no complaint).

The only other issue noted; when away from home network (3G/Edge), my IP camera will "just disappear," from iCam.  NO Broker or Source connection errors, it's just gone.

Logging into the IP camera server, it shows it is still running.  Usually, if I lower the resolution or Fps, the image returns in iCam, then disappears again.  I'll keep playing with the resolution and Fps, and see if I come up with an optimal setting (for me).

Basically, just reaffirming the LofTek CXS 2200 does work with iCam and iCamSource 2.5.