Author Topic: "BROKER CONNECTION ERROR"  (Read 4947 times)

alanowl

• View Profile
"BROKER CONNECTION ERROR"
« on: July 10, 2009, 07:19:19 AM »
i'm getting the same "broker connection error" msg. can someone facing this kind of error before tell me how you solve it? i'm connecting icam thru icam web. icamsource was set on my house on another city. i try to connect to icam when i go to my wife's house at another city thru her house wi-fe network. any solution?

alanowl

• View Profile
Re: "BROKER CONNECTION ERROR"
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2009, 08:31:23 AM »
on the way to buy icam. but test it on icam web it seems like not working. it shows BROKER CONNECTION ERROR. i'm affraid if i buy the icam for iphone it still the same problem. can help me get the things work?

my IP is:

already send mail to support@skjm.com.

my e-mail is : alanowl@gmail.com

many thanx!!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2009, 12:25:43 PM »
alanowl is getting technical support for this issue through email.  If there is any new information about this issue from the emails, I'll post it in this thread.

Badger

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:18:44 AM »
Hi ... :)

Ok, after reading a positive review, I just purchased this app for my iPhone 3G running 3.0.

I'm getting exactly the same problem as described here.

I have a very high 3G signal (maximum bars) and I see the desktop source say 1 connected, then it disconnects and I get the "broker" message on the screen.  We're going on a trip and I'd like to use this software as an in-house security cam, so any help would be appreciated..

Correction:

I'm getting a Source Connection Error, not a Broker Error.. sorry about that ...

Source Connection Error

Users may see this error message when they are attempting to connect from a network other than the one their iCamSource is running on. (An example of this is when they are connecting via 3G/EDGE as opposed to the same network via WiFi.)

The cause is usually that one or both of their networks use a more complex form of port translation, making it one of the few cases where iCam doesn't "just work" out of the box. The solution involves forwarding ports in their router to the computer running the iCamSource.

To confirm that this is indeed the solution, simply go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your computer and e-mail support@skjm.com what is says your computer's external IP address is. If port forwarding will fix the problem, we will send you instructions on what to do next. If you are unfamiliar with forwarding ports in your router, also include the make and model of your router in your e-mail, and we can attempt to find the manual online and walk you through it.

« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:26:11 AM by Badger »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2009, 06:46:30 PM »
Badger is getting technical support for this issue through email.  If there is any new information about this issue from the emails, I'll post it in this thread.