Author Topic: Airlink 1620W  (Read 4290 times)

rjgvt

• View Profile
Airlink 1620W
« on: October 16, 2011, 05:12:59 PM »
I purchased an Airlink 747W ealier this year and I like it for indoor use. I have it at a remote location and am able to see it on the web with port forwarding. I can also see it on my Android phone using the SkyIPCam app. I wished that Airlink made a similar camera like the 747/777 pan/tilt cams without IR or be able to turn off IR because I want to point it outside and don't want the IR glare on the window. I like the SkyIPCam app, so I ordered an Airlink 1620W. Spec sheet shows that it uses MPEG4 and MJPEG, so I'm assuming it is compatable with Icamsource in MJPEG mode.

I don't see the 1620W listed anywhere on this forum. Or its PoE counterpart, 1620PoE. Has anyone tried either of these two cams?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Airlink 1620W
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2011, 04:27:33 PM »
We haven't tested with that particular camera, but if it outputs MJPEG formatted data, it'll probably work with iCamSource.

When you run iCamSource, you'll need to select the "Ethernet /Wi-Fi" tab because the camera is a network camera, not a USB camera. Then, enter the MJPEG or JPEG URL for your camera.

If the MJPEG or JPEG URL isn't something that can be found by searching around with Google or by contacting their support, we actually have another solution available, although it is currently in its very preliminary stages, and that is: http://skjm.com/icam/mjpeg_test.php

When you enter the camera's IP address and port into that web page, it will attempt to connect to the camera using all of the common MJPEG and JPEG URLs that we are aware of. If any of the URLs produce an image, then that is the URL to use in iCamSource.

If your camera requires a login and password, you can enter them in that webpage right before the address : login:password@Camera_address

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2011, 04:48:55 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm pretty happy with the 747W. I downloaded the manual for the 1620W and it appears to have the same web interface. I should receive it by next week and I'll post my opinion when I get a chance to get it set up.

rjgvt

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2011, 07:15:41 PM »
Update:

I received the Airlink 1620W this past Wednesday. I had to leave town on Thursday and did a quick set-up. The web interface is very similar to the Airlink 747W that I have, sans pan/tilt and IR. I set it up with a lan cable then enabled wireless using WPS. It connected with no issues. I also set it to 4 fps. The lens focus has a good range. I set it pointing out a window and the image is good, not quite as good as the Logitech Webcam Pro 9000's that I have, but pretty good for a wide shot of the neighborhood with its 4mm lens. I didn't have time to get it on icamsource at the time and monitored it remotely using SkyIPCam. I got back today and added it to icamsource. I used the same url as the 747W, http://xxx.xxx.x.xxx/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi and JPEG selected. So far, I like it. I still wish Airlink made a pan/tilt cam without IR for pointing out of the window. I might have to get one and block out the IR or disconnect it internally.