Author Topic: Connect iCam Broker Server error  (Read 22714 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Connect iCam Broker Server error
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2009, 10:32:42 AM »
netis - You had mentioned you are running the Linksys WAG325N, correct? This appears to be an ADSL modem + router:

http://www-au.linksys.com/servlet/Satellite?c=L_Product_C2&childpagename=AU%2FLayout&cid=1169671141909&pagename=Linksys%2FCommon%2FVisitorWrapper

Could you try logging into your router and temporarily disabling the firewall and see if your connectivity issues change at all? Basically if you get a different error than the "Broker Connection Error" on your iPhone when trying to connect via WiFi.

Also, do you have any sort of VPN setup in your router?

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2009, 10:41:22 AM »
Stefan - Yes, my router is Linksys WAG325N, it run original firmware, it hasn't thirty-part firmware for it, I did it in my router, at first I diable my router firewall and allow anonymous access from Internet, dispear other error info in iCam.

I report some info to support@skjm.com, if you need more info, I will give you.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2009, 10:42:10 AM »
netis - Yes, I got your e-mail, thanks. :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2009, 12:10:49 PM »
Just one final update to note that the problem has been resolved. :)

netis, who is based in China, was running Hotspot Shield VPN software which was masking his computer's IP address to the iCam Broker Server. If you are accessing the Internet through a proxy or VPN, iCam may not work for you.

The other issue was that we have used a *.dyndns.org entry to resolve the iCam Broker Server's IP address, which consequently is not resolved correctly by China's "Great Firewall". We will be releasing new versions of the iCamSource and iCam to use a *.skjm.com name to resolve the IP address.

Many thanks to netis for his exceedingly abundant help and patience.  ;D

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2009, 02:33:23 PM »
Stefan,

I know.  ;D