Author Topic: Connect iCam Broker Server error  (Read 22709 times)

netis

• View Profile
Connect iCam Broker Server error
« on: December 26, 2008, 02:37:27 AM »
I bought icam 1.0.2, the iCam notify me "There was error connecting to the iCam Broker Server. Please try again later."

I already run iCam Source Windows 0.3 version, filled the username and password.

my pc system is vista.

Please help me, thanks.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Connect iCam Broker Server error
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2008, 09:49:18 AM »
The most common reason for that error is poor 3G/EDGE reception.  You can verify this by putting your phone in Airplane mode (turns off 3G/EDGE and wifi) and running iCam.  You'll get that same "Can't Connect to Broker Server" message. 

There are other, rarer problems that can cause that error to show up.  If you are pretty sure that you have good 3G/EDGE/wifi signal and you are still seeing this error message, please send an email to support@skjm.com with a description of the error message you're seeing and your iPhone's IP address.  To get your iPhone's IP address, go to http://whatismyipaddress.com in your iPhone's web browser.

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2008, 10:19:01 AM »
my iphone connect with same as my pc to linksys WAG325N router, ip adress is 61.142.180.182.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
netis - If you are connecting via WiFi, your network might be configured to block UDP communication ... Have you tried connecting with your iPhone connected both via WiFi and 3G/EDGE? Do you get the same error messages when connected both ways?

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2008, 03:10:06 PM »
Stefan - I try to connect via EDGE network to access iCam, but got same error too. sigh. already disable "SPI Firewall Protection" and "Block Anonymous Internet Requests" option  in my Linksys Router. my pc firewall is vista build-in.

I tried all way I know. sigh....

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2008, 04:13:22 PM »
netis - From your IP address it appears that you are connecting from China ... Do you know if your ISP and/or mobile phone company blocks outgoing UDP traffic? This is what iCam and the iCamSource uses to communicate with the iCam Broker Server.

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2008, 02:18:57 AM »
Stefan - I am in China now, My ISP allow UDP traffic, but it blocked some foreign's IP adress, can you tell me iCam Broker Server IP adress?

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2008, 02:29:32 AM »
Stefan - I use netstat command see what IP connect when run iCam, it connect 2 IP address, both forward to Google???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2008, 08:29:58 AM »
netis - Actually, iCam first creates a brief TCP connection to Google to make sure that the iPhone's internet connection is initialized. (It is a bug in Apple's code, in our opinion, and this is a work-around we have come up with.)  ::)

The iCam Broker Server's IP address is 98.165.121.51.

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2008, 04:52:13 PM »
Stefan - First, thanks for your answer, but I give up, because I can't make sure which has problem in my case, maybe Zero config idea is good , but not for me at lease, I can't access any IP address in my country. sigh....

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2008, 06:11:51 PM »
netis - I am sorry to hear that you weren't able to get things working. The "zero config" feature really isn't the issue, however, since that only applies to you connecting from your iPhone to your computer, and not to you connecting from your iPhone or computer to our server.

Are you even able to ping the iCam Broker Server? (I have edited the firewall to allow it to respond to pings.)

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2008, 08:45:28 PM »
Stefan - BIG thanks your make firewall allow ping for my test, I test in my iPhone(EDGE mode & wifi) and laptop, both can ping reachable the iCam Broker Server(98.165.121.51), I am very happy for this.

I found in my iPhone, iCam try to connect 2 IP address, both are google, it didn't connect 3rd IP address?

my iPhone in Jailbreak status, and Unlocked.

sorry for my poor english, I think you very hard talk to me.

Best Regards!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 08:51:08 PM by netis »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2008, 09:28:18 PM »
netis - You may be seeing your iPhone make TCP connections to Google, but the communication to the iCam Broker Server is done via UDP, which is connectionless.

Well, it does appear that our IP addresses are not completely blocked, however it might be an issue with the type of data (UDP) or the port that you are attempting to send to (12613).

Are you familiar with the security tool nmap? http://nmap.org/

If you want you can try to see if the port is reachable from your computer by running the following command once nmap is installed:

nmap -sU -v -p12613 98.165.121.51

Once you do that we can go from there.  :)

netis

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2008, 09:47:58 PM »
Stefan - I tried via namp connect iCam server, it seem work, but iCam also notify me can't connect iCam Broker Server, I have not any word for this.

Starting Nmap 4.76 ( http://nmap.org ) at 2008-12-29 11:50 CST
Initiating Ping Scan at 11:50
Scanning 98.165.121.51 [2 ports]
Completed Ping Scan at 11:50, 0.56s elapsed (1 total hosts)
Initiating System DNS resolution of 1 host. at 11:50
Completed System DNS resolution of 1 host. at 11:50, 0.00s elapsed
Initiating UDP Scan at 11:50
Scanning 98.165.121.51 [1 port]
Completed UDP Scan at 11:50, 5.58s elapsed (1 total ports)
Host 98.165.121.51 appears to be up ... good.
Interesting ports on 98.165.121.51:
PORT      STATE         SERVICE
12613/udp open|filtered unknown

Read data files from: /usr/share/nmap
Nmap done: 1 IP address (1 host up) scanned in 8.92 seconds
           Raw packets sent: 4 (124B) | Rcvd: 1 (28B)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 09:51:20 PM by netis »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 29, 2008, 11:43:35 AM »
netis - Well, this is very interesting indeed. I have now set up a packet capture process to log any incoming packets from your IP. Could you try the nmap command again followed by running the iCamSource and iCam so that I can try and capture the incoming packets? Can you also go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ again to see if your IP address has changed?

Thanks again for your help and patience. :)