Author Topic: IcamSource Freezes  (Read 5820 times)

gmacnic

• View Profile
IcamSource Freezes
« on: September 17, 2011, 06:40:18 AM »
I have an IP camera SkyIPcam747w that I have been using.  At about 12:15 am each day (give or take a few minutes) the IcamSource freezes. The Skycam still is running and does not stop.  I have tried shutting down other programs, and just about every other option I can think of.  I even put IcamSource on another computer to try that and still at about the same 12:15 am time it freezes.  Any suggestions on what is causing this to happen?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: IcamSource Freezes
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2011, 12:07:06 AM »
Thank you for your post.

What version of iCamSource are you using, Mac or Windows?

gmacnic

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2011, 09:43:07 AM »
Windows.  I have tried it on an XP, and a windows 7 and both do freeze on the IP camera at about the same time.  The version of Icam is 2.2.3 on both computers.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2011, 11:46:11 PM »
Do you have any schedule events configured in iCamSource? That's the only thing in iCamSource that would happen at the same time every day.

gmacnic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2011, 12:24:56 PM »
No I do not.   The only thing that happens in any program or anything in the house is I have a light on a table that goes on at that time in the night.  It is on a self timer not connected to the computer but it does go on about that time.  I turned off that lamp over the past 2 days to see if that effected anything.  The last 2 days there has been no freezing on Icamsource so my questions is can a light coming on suddenly in a totally dark house do something to the program?  I it is the only thing I can think of.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2011, 10:24:33 PM »
The only thing that iCamSource does that would be affected by brightness changes would be the Motion Detection. Please turn off the Motion Detection in iCamSource to see if that has any effect.

gmacnic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2011, 06:14:14 AM »
Did turn off the motion detector a long time ago so that did not work it crashed about 12:15 am again. 

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2011, 10:01:38 AM »
Are you using MJPEG mode in iCamSource? If so, please try JPEG mode to see if that has any effect.