Author Topic: "No Sources Found"  (Read 12089 times)

iceman1674

• View Profile
"No Sources Found"
« on: June 29, 2009, 08:35:31 AM »
I hooked the system up and worked very well. but after a period of time it just shuts off and the following is what pops up on my phone:

No Sources Found - there are currently no running iCamSources associated with your existing login and password

what can i do to prevent this

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "No Sources Found"
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 02:03:55 PM »
That error can be caused by two things.  1) The login/password on the iPhone doesn't match the login/password in iCamSource, or 2) The iCamSource isn't running or can't communicate with the server.

Since it initially works for you, that indicates that the login/passwords do match, and that your iCamSource is able to communicate with the server.  That means that your iCamSource probably isn't running.  Does the iCamSource program crash or freeze?  Does an error message show up on your computer?  If so, what does the message say exactly?

el.nino24

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2009, 02:18:45 PM »
yeah i am having the same problem..i using the SKJM account..because it's asking for an account..but even tho it's corrent..it keeps saying no sources found..there are currently no running icamsources associated with your exissting account...isn't this suppose to be just a recording cam..or like a view cam..do i need to accounts to actually work this?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2009, 05:32:07 PM »
el.nino24  - Are you running iCamSource on your computer?  If not, you can get the Mac or Windows version here: http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

You need to run iCamSource on a computer with a webcam in order to view the webcam on your iPhone.  Once iCamSource is running on your computer, select your webcam from the Video drop down list and your microphone from the Audio drop down list (or No Audio).  Then set your login and password.  You can set the login and password in iCamSource to be anything you want.  Make sure it's something other people won't be able to guess easily.

In iCam on  your iPhone, make sure you are using the exact same login/password you entered in iCamSource on your computer.  To edit the login and password in iCam on your iPhone, click the "i" button in the bottom right corner of the screen.  That button will take you to the Settings page, where you can edit the login and password.

tono1110

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2010, 09:15:03 AM »
how come when im at home it works and when i leave to work when i actually want to see whats going on it stops working and tells me  "no sources found"?
at work they have clear connected to a d-link router.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 10:57:40 AM »
It sounds like your iCamSource is losing it's connection to the server.  The most common reason for this are if your computer is going to sleep or if iCamSource is crashing.

Please make sure that your computer is configured to never go to sleep.

Do you see an error message on the computer?  If so, what does it say?

erinb

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2010, 07:27:33 AM »
I am having a similar problem except that mine never worked at all...I followed all of the instructions and iCam Source is working just fine on my computer, and iCam is working just fine on my phone, but I just can't get them to sync up...I have the same login and password and I'm hooked up to the internet just fine...I just don't know what else to do. One potential problem I noticed is that the camera is a built in webcam and the only camera option it's giving is some weird USB camera that I do not recognize in the drop down menu...however, the iCam Source program itself DOES recognize the camera and will run it in the window...so I just do not understand. What else do I need to do to make it work? From everything I've read online, it should just connect to the internet automatically if I have a good connection, right? I'm getting very frustrated and starting to feel like I wasted my money...

erinb

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 07:28:57 AM »
One other thing...the program on the computer works fine and has zero problems..the only problem I'm getting is "No Sources Found" on my phone. It just won't connect no matter what I do. Help please!

sung79hoon

• View Profile
password problem with icam source 2.1.1
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2010, 04:57:29 PM »
I used to use icam source 1.4.2.5. It worked perfectly. This morning  I updated icam source to 2.1.1 version. Whenever I log in, my iphone says 'no source found'! The weirdest part is that if I creates a 2 letters long password, it works!! If I creates a more than 2 letters long password, it doesn't work. 2.1.1 version has a problem with password.

samuelk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2010, 07:21:53 PM »
If you are trying to connect an iPhone, iPod or iPad to iCam Source, did you reboot the device after installing the iCam 2.X.X update? 

I got the same problem with my iPad, but it works fine after a reboot.

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2010, 09:58:52 PM »
erinb - There are two potential causes for the No Sources Found error:

1) The login and password on the iCamSource and iCam do not match. (Please note that they are both case sensitive.)
2) The iCamSource on the computer is unable to communicate with the iCam Broker Server.

If you have made sure that the computer's firewall software is "allowing" the iCamSource to communicate with the Internet, then the next step is to email the computer's external IP address to support@skjm.com.  To get that, go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ in web browser on the computer running iCamSource.

grizzley

• View Profile
Re: password problem with icam source 2.1.1
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2010, 11:32:37 PM »
I used to use icam source 1.4.2.5. It worked perfectly. This morning  I updated icam source to 2.1.1 version. Whenever I log in, my iphone says 'no source found'! The weirdest part is that if I creates a 2 letters long password, it works!! If I creates a more than 2 letters long password, it doesn't work. 2.1.1 version has a problem with password.

Had the same problem.  Changed my password to two letters (as well as username) and it worked.  Went back and STOP the cams, changed all the passwords back to 8 letters and then changed it back on the iPhone and it worked fine using 8 letters for the password.