Author Topic: Notifications other than push to iPhone?  (Read 2879 times)

Aminor

• View Profile
Notifications other than push to iPhone?
« on: June 28, 2010, 06:18:22 PM »
Hi there,

I'm part of the chorus of folks hanging out for the ability to schedule notifications from icamsource. We have set up an effective security system for our office using a $289 netbook, and would ideally like to just receive notifications throughout the night, and not when the person arrives in the office for the early shift!  :)

There is an iPhone app called Boxcar which can emulate Push notifications by forwarding emails to a particular address, which in turn pushes the subject line to the iPhone. And it has a 'quiet time' feature which would solve my problem.

So here is my feature request: motion sensing notifications to email.

I can also see benefits for mobile users on platorms other than the iPhone, and for folks who are desk bound and using the web viewer.

Thanks for a great product and keep up the great work.

Cheers,
Pete
(Melbourne, Australia)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Notifications other than push to iPhone?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 12:54:54 AM »
We are currently working on a new version of iCamSource that will include scheduling for push notifications and motion recording.  We're still early in development on that, so I can't really give a timeline.

We don't have any immediate plans to add notifications through emails.  I'll add that our list of potential features to add to iCam in the future.