Author Topic: Problem  (Read 5286 times)

xecutive

• View Profile
Problem
« on: August 25, 2011, 10:22:38 AM »
Im having issues i was wondering if someone could help me with. Im using a 3gs and a gigaware cam.
The problem is that it never gets the picture, it detects motion.. but never have recieved a decent pic. The live feed doesnt seem to work at all. It works if im sitting at my computer it see's me and snaps a pic, then sends it to my phone. But my gf walked in and out yesterday and the day before and it never picked her up once. She entered the room about 25 times. My question is, is it the camera im using? Or possibly my crappy cpu?

Thanks in advance.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Problem
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 10:48:30 PM »
Thank you for your post, and I am sorry that you are having problems.

What version of iCamSource are you running Mac or Windows? Are you able to see a feed from your camera in iCamSource on your computer?

xecutive

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 10:47:04 AM »
Using windows xp.

xecutive

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2011, 10:52:25 AM »
There is a huge delay with the camera. Im able to walk in and no video is showing up at all.

xecutive

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2011, 12:03:41 AM »
The live feed doesnt work either. 

Any help?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2011, 11:17:26 AM »
Do you mean the video doesn't display correctly in iCamSource?

Is your webcam plugged into a USB hub or extension cable? If so, please try plugging it directly into the computer.

Make sure that Windows is fully updated through Windows Update and that you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

Also, please make sure there aren't any other video capture programs (such as Skype) running. They might be fighting iCamSource for access to the camera.

jsngeo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2011, 09:00:53 AM »
Hi,
When i tried to turn on automatic port forwarding,
i got an error msg: UPnP 0:NAT-PMP 3,-7,61

What does it means?
Thanks.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2011, 07:17:19 PM »
It appears the auto-configuration logic isn't working for some reason. What is the Brand/Model of your router? If your router supports UPNP or NAT-PMP, you may need to enable it in order for the auto-configuration logic to work.

If your router doesn't support UPnP or NAT-PMP, the only thing left to try is to manually configure your router for port forwarding. There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any problems with the instructions on that page, please send me the Brand/Model of your router so I can find port forwarding instructions for your particular router.