Author Topic: iCamSource 2.3.2 BETA - Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Improvements  (Read 9635 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
iCamSource 2.3.2 BETA - Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Improvements
« on: August 19, 2011, 11:19:57 AM »
Some Mac OS X 10.7 Lion users with certain ATI graphics card / network IP camera / motion detection combinations have been experiencing random crashes with the iCamSource, and the latest BETA version (2.3.2) seems to remedy the issue.

It seems that Lion now enables graphics hardware acceleration by default, and certain graphics card drivers were having sporadic issues with some of the images being received by a few different network IP cameras. We have made adjustments to the image processing code to use different function calls that appear to fix the issue.

The previous code was written specifically to be backwards-compatible with Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, so now the iCamSource uses this "new" image processing code whenever a user is running Mac OS X 10.5 or later. (This new BETA is still compatible with Tiger.)

The new version can be downloaded from the iCam Support page or form the link below:

Mac - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.3.2.dmg

Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thanks! :)

Dickie

• View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.3.2 BETA - Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Improvements
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 11:01:37 AM »
Hi - I've been running the 2.3.2 on Lion for the past 3 days now, and it seems to be crashing roughly every 24hrs with a;

Exception Type:  EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000

Application Specific Information:
objc[1885]: garbage collection is OFF
terminate called throwing an exception
abort() called

I'm not using any motion detection or scheduling, and there is 1 local USB camera and 1 remote wifi.    Other than that its working perfectly! :-)  Let me know if any of the logs would be useful to you.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.3.2 BETA - Mac OS X 10.7 Lion Improvements
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2011, 09:46:25 PM »
Yes, please send the most recent crash log to support@skjm.com and reference this post and your username.

The crash logs would be in:

/Users/<Your Username>/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

or in:

/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/iCamSource_<date_time>.crash.log

If you have Mac OS 10.6.3, I think they moved the crash logs to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports or /Users/<YourUsername>/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports