Author Topic: Airlink 101 not working on iCam  (Read 7779 times)

icam

• View Profile
Airlink 101 not working on iCam
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:36:30 PM »
Hi,

I purchased an Airlink 101 SkyIPCam500W biased on the list of compatible IP cams. I set it up on a laptop with XP and I can view the IP cam on my wi-fi network using iCamSource. I can also view it on a Mac using the safari browser, but when I try to view it with iCamSource on the Mac, I get a 404 webcam URL not found. I am using http://<cam's IP address>/cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi. I use the same IP address on the XP machine and it works. I've also tried "/video.cgi" (mpeg) and "/goform/capture" (jpeg) and still no help.

I have a usb logitech webcam on the Mac that works fine with iCam wi-fi or 3g on the iPhone, however, I can not view the IP cam on the iPhone.

As I've already noted, iCamSource on XP shows the IP cam but using the same user name and password I use for the usb webcam on the Mac, the IP cam will not show up on iCam for the iPhone. I'm using 1.2.3 Beta on the XP and 1.2.2 Beta on the Mac (also tried 1.2.4 Beta on the Mac)

I would appreciate any help! Thanks! 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Airlink 101 not working on iCam
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 04:26:00 PM »
That error either indicates that the URL is mistyped on the Mac, or that the Mac is unable to communicate with the camera.  There are a few possible reasons why your Mac might not be able to communicate with the camera.  There could be firewall software on the Mac preventing the communication, or the Mac and the camera could be connected to different routers. 

If you are running firewall software on the Mac, try disabling it temporarily to see if it works.  If it does, we can configure your firewall to work with the camera.

If the Mac and the camera are on different routers, try connecting them to the same router, if possible.

icam

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 11:21:20 PM »
Thanks Jay,

As you suggested, the url was mistyped. I was using cgi/mjpg/mjpg.cgi when I should have been using cgi/mjpg/mjpeg.cgi . Note I left out the "e" in the second mjpeg. On the laptop I just copy and pasted it from your website, on the Mac I hand typed it and overlooked the "e".

Anyway, it's all working fine now, even shows ups on iCam using the iPhone!

Thanks again for the help,
Dave

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2009, 05:44:59 PM »
I'm glad it's working for you!