Author Topic: "Connection Closed" after 1 second ???  (Read 6415 times)

mschelvis

• View Profile
"Connection Closed" after 1 second ???
« on: June 01, 2009, 01:27:13 AM »
Hi,

I just installed iCamSource on two PC's both with a webcam, both XP, and the iCam on my iPod touch. It looks promising, but after refresh on iCam, I see the video of both webcams for just 1 second, then both screens indicate "Connection Closed".

PLease help!!

Thanks, Marcel

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: "Connection Closed" after 1 second ???
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 01:05:55 PM »
Does it still act like that if you only run one of the iCamSources (so only one webcam is visible on the iPod)?

mschelvis

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2009, 04:04:48 PM »
A couple of times both webcams were visible (and audible) for a minute or so before Connection Closed. All other times Connection Closed after a fraction of a second. When I get home tonight I'll try turning one webcam off.

I'm having a different problem here at work: connection fails with the "Your network may be preventing you from making a UDP connection to the iCam Broker Server." Same error with iCamWeb.

I am looking for a solution that works anywhere, and has audio. Before iCam I tried YawCam which works but it has no audio support)

Marcel

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2009, 08:44:32 PM »
That error can be caused by a poor wireless data connection or if the network you are on blocks outgoing UDP.  If you're seeing it on iCamWeb, it most likely means that your network blocks outgoing UDP traffic.

mschelvis

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2009, 09:57:57 PM »
I'm back home, turned off one iCamSource, but keep having "Connection Closed" after a fraction of a second. My local wifi is fine. I do have satellite internet, which has a latency of 500 ms or so. This doen't affect YawCam though.

As there a way to avoid UDP or other firewall restrictions? I saw something about tunneling?

Again, I love the multiple screens and especially the audio, but it has to work first!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2009, 12:46:13 AM »
Could you please go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ in your computer's web browser and e-mail your external IP address to support@skjm.com so that we can look it up in the iCam Broker Server logs and hopefully determine what the issue is?  Please refer to this thread in your email.

onsh

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 02:13:27 PM »
I seem to be having issues with the 'connection closed' error as well...I believe it may be related to bandwidth issues.  Can you tell me what ports icamsource needs, so I can edit my router's QoS settings (ah, the joys of tomato firmware)?

Thanks!

onsh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2009, 02:15:08 PM »
ah.  I seem to have missed the big post discussing port forwarding:

http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

Thanks!