Author Topic: Welcome to the ipCam Support Discussion Forum!  (Read 22807 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Welcome to the ipCam Support Discussion Forum!
« on: June 23, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »
Please post any questions or comments you might have about the ipCam application in this forum.

Thanks! :)

russell7839

• View Profile
ipcam on motorola atrix 4g?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2011, 11:47:45 AM »
I am trying to setup ipcam on Motorola Atrix 4g phone, but not having a lot of success. My first question-will ipcam work on this phone? my computer is connected to a Linksys wrt54g router, and I am using a Microsoft LifeCam Cinema webcam. I have already downloaded icamsource to my computer. Icamsource recognizes my webcam when set to usb/firewire/built-in, but not when set to wi-fi/ethernet. Which setting is the correct one to use? Please explain how to set this up, if my phone is compatible with ipcam. The only thing i get on my phone when i switch ipcam on is =camera feed not available.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2011, 12:12:36 PM by russell7839 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Welcome to the ipCam Support Discussion Forum!
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2011, 11:14:12 PM »
Thank you for your post.

Are you trying to set up your phone as webcam or are you trying to view you LifeCam on your phone? If you are trying to see your LifeCam on your phone, you need to download the iCam app. It is available for Android phones and you can get it from the Android Market: https://market.android.com/details?id=com.skjm.icam

For a Built-In/USB camera, you'll need to select the "USB/Built-In /Firewire"  tab in iCamSource and select the webcam from the Video drop down list.

More detailed setup instructions are available at our Getting Started pages: http://skjm.com/icam/help/

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2011, 11:16:33 PM »
The ipCam worked great for the last week until I made a mistake in the setup.  I have an iPhone 3GS with no forward camera.  I don't know what I was thinking when I pressed the Front in the Options menu.  Now ipCam just shuts down when I try to go back and switch it to the Back camera.     HELP!   :)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2011, 11:20:53 PM »
That's really odd that you even had the option of choosing the "Front" option on your 3GS. On our test device it only shows "Back" which was the way it was intended.

What version of iOS are you running on your 3GS?

You should be able to get things working again by deleting it from your phone and then re-downloading it from the App Store. If you use the same iTunes account that you originally purchased it with you won't be charged a second time.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2011, 07:49:41 AM »
I did just that last night.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  I believe the version I am running is 4.3.3(8J2).  I am looking at the setup options right now and it looks like I can pick Front once again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2011, 09:09:19 AM »
I did just that last night.  I deleted the app and reinstalled it.  I believe the version I am running is 4.3.3(8J2).  I am looking at the setup options right now and it looks like I can pick Front once again.

I'm testing this on an iPhone 3GS running iOS 4.3.3 (8J2) as well. On a clean install of ipCam from the App Store (and every time I run it thereafter) it only show the Back camera.

If you try rebooting your phone do you then only see the Back camera? Is your phone perhaps jailbroken? The option to select the Front camera should only be visible when more than one video input is reported by the system.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2011, 08:45:47 PM »
Jailbroken  :)  no it's all legal.  I subscribe through AT&T as my wireless carrier.  I reboot normally once a week as well.

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2011, 08:50:21 PM »
Interesting....I have seen it now with both options.  Sometimes with an option of just Back and sometimes with both Back and Front.  It appears that even if I am connected with Icam and the preview is showing correct IP and Port...sometimes under the Options Tab it says Attempting to bind to port....  This is when I have the selection of both cameras.  I will attempt to change the port number and I will send you a picture through your support e-mail.

• View Profile
What sofware to record from iPCam
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 07:50:02 PM »
Not that knowledgeable in technology related to video and codecs and what not.

I can connect to my iPhone 4 running iPCam using Firefox. But I want to record the video and audio into a single video file to PC running WinXP.

I have installed many freeware utilities I found but have had problems with all in trying to get them connected to the iPCam. The best I got was video only (no audio)

Is there a free (or cheap) EASY TO USE software you know of that will work to connect to the iPCam and one that will record using timed or motion detect (preferably).

Any advice on what software and how to connect to the iPam source stream(s)? is appreciated.

The following links I can connect via firefox.

Web Browser Links

* JPEG Video
    * MJPEG Video + HTML 5 PCM Audio

The following links I have managed to use the MJPEG Video to connect to a software utility but there was no sound.

Raw Audio / Video Links

* JPEG Image
    * MJPEG Video
    * WAV Audio
    * Raw PCM Audio

Regards
« Last Edit: July 11, 2011, 08:11:00 PM by 852421 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2011, 04:13:09 PM »
iCamSource doesn't record audio. Unfortunately, we don't know of any application that will grab both the video and audio feeds and combine them into one file.

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2011, 06:10:52 PM »
Thanks.

Is there some way of recording both video and audio streams to separate files then combining them?

Regards

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2011, 11:32:05 PM »
Unfortunately we are not familiar with any software that will combine both streams (video and audio) directly.

Trayce323

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2011, 06:00:59 PM »
Just got icam 2 days ago. I have an iPhone 4, my husband has an Android on Verizon. We love the app until we leave the house. We find that as soon as we leave wifi to 3G we lose connection. We then have a very difficult time reconnecting. We have to hit refresh several time and never get all 3 cameras back, usually only one. We have full signal strength when this happens. What are we doing wrong?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2011, 12:49:10 AM »
Trayce323 is receiving support through email.