Author Topic: iSight zoomed in  (Read 4871 times)

HMoth84

• View Profile
iSight zoomed in
« on: December 21, 2008, 08:06:12 PM »
For some reason my iSight is zoomed in when I start iCamsource, far too zoomed in. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iSight zoomed in
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2008, 09:13:36 PM »
HMoth84 - Hmm. That's a strange issue.

Is your iSight external or built-in? Can you either post here or send to support@skjm.com screenshots of what it looks like in the iCamSource, as well as what it looks like in another application, say Photo Booth?

Thanks!  :)

HMoth84

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2009, 10:56:50 PM »
Sorry for the delayed response, I gave up on the issue after Apple phone support wasn't able to solve my problem.

I have a Macbook Pro, so the iSight is internal. It does not appear zoomed in when using Photo Booth, but it does in all other applications that I have tried. Imagine if the image was zoomed into the center portion of the iSight's view, that is my problem. For instance, while recording video in Quicktime from my iSight, the preview window appears zoomed in, but the resulting video file is correctly framed.

Even stranger, I have installed iGlasses and it fixes the issue for programs that it supports (Quicktime's video recording preview window is not zoomed in anymore). I guess I'm out of luck until iGlasses supports iCamSource. I've contacted iGlasses' developer and hopefully they will add support in a future update. Again, any help or insight into my problem is much appreciated. Thanks. ???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 09:42:45 AM »
HMoth84 - We actually had a report from another user that was experiencing the same issue that you are having. He was running the iMac's Built-In iSight camera.

The last I heard he was going to try it on one of his buddy's computers, so I'm not sure if he ever resolved the issue.

In Googling around I can see that this is an issue that other people have had, but like you said, have not found a solution.

I could maybe put together a special build of the iCamSource that could try and force the resolution, although I'll have to look into that to see if it's even possible.

HMoth84

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2009, 09:03:21 PM »
So, color me confused, but after applying the most recent Quicktime update (7.6) my iSight has stopped acting screwy. Strange because it's been doing this for quite a while now and immediately stopped after the update, stranger still because I was under the impression it was only a security update.

Thank you for your help, though. I enjoyed your program before, now even more so that my iSight isn't zoomed in. I'm curious if this update helped the few others having this same issue…I wish I had more insight so I could help them as well.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2009, 10:38:52 PM »
Thank you for the update. :)

And yes, that is rather strange indeed.  ???