Author Topic: x10 web cam usage?  (Read 3169 times)

glovitz

• View Profile
x10 web cam usage?
« on: May 20, 2009, 09:08:07 AM »
Has anyone tried using an x10 webcam with this software? 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: x10 web cam usage?
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2009, 09:57:52 PM »
One other user asked if X10 cameras worked, but I haven't heard from users whether they work or not.  I looked around on the website, and I couldn't find any reference to the cameras supporting MJPEG output, which is what iCam requires.  It looked like the X10 cameras used their own proprietary protocol.  If anybody has had success with X10 cameras, I'd like to hear about it as well.

Intregliaj

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2010, 10:21:54 PM »
I have a X10 USB/video adapter VA11 that worked fine when I plugged in my IR camera, when I got a new PC with Windows 7 my X10 adapter would not work. I had to purchase a X10- VA12 that is compatable with Win 7. I had this new USB adapter working with my IR camera, but yesterday is just crashes the icamsource program.

Pharohbender

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2011, 06:56:06 PM »
i used 7 cams the other day  :D
the problem is if you use the cams on a slow computer then your stream will take foreva to load also over wireless is probably causing the slow stream
used on a asus eee pc which is pretty slow, cpu usage at about 80-100 when using icam using internal cam and external Microsoft cam
4x on the quad core had no problems
1x on a 3500+ amd wireless about 50m away
all linked up using the same user and pass after a little trouble ???

also made sure to forward ports as this was and issue with 3g
and put your quality a little lower so the stream over wireless comes up faster

some issues with icam i have noticed is that the server is not refreshing quickly when changing password and user so takes forever to load. and if people are just using a name like e.g. fred and a crappy password its not going to be very secure make sure to use something decent not just 1234 or something like that, mate of mine using it just picked up some other user. so both of them would be looking at each other this problem should be fixed but then hooking up more that 1 pc would be affected so if you want to be secure put a better password !!!
all and all this software is ok but needs to be separated from the server like i said last time so we can just setup the program on the pc and connect straight away like dorgem...