Author Topic: Does it support wireless video camera?  (Read 20542 times)

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Does it support wireless video camera?
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2009, 10:36:57 PM »
chuckster,

Glad to hear it!  Thanks for the update.  :)

captual

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 09:22:34 PM »
Wondering if iCam support wireless camera, such as the Linksys Wireless-G Internet Video Camera... thanks a lot!

I too vote for Linksys wireless g! I have three of them and it would be grand!

jlensbower

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2009, 02:38:19 PM »
If you start to support the LinkSys wireless that would be a reason for me to buy one. Give LinkSys a call... maybe you could get some kind of kickback!

ken

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2009, 03:57:57 PM »
..."So, if there seems to be a lot of user demand for network cam support, we may end up adding it in the future."

Does this seem to be enough user demand?

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 10:47:52 PM »
Wireless and network camera support is on our list of potential features to implement in the future, but it's not currently our highest development priority.

snooz78

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2009, 03:04:55 PM »
He said earlier that they needed the justification to develop all the softwear to use wifi cams, but realy is it that difficult to get a list and start offering patches to make it work?? ???

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2009, 03:28:46 PM »
but realy is it that difficult to get a list and start offering patches to make it work?? ???

We are currently doing just that: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=206.0

:)

mgravitt

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2009, 09:15:50 PM »
I use the system Wilife.  2 cameras. Will ICam work with this system?  If so please let me know what I need to do to get it started. Thanks

meavenson

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 10, 2009, 09:34:12 PM »
The icam source works great with my isight but it will not recognize my sony dv video camera via firewire.  I know the computer Mac sees it b/c i can open ichat and I see both the isight webcam and my dv camera as sources. I can choose the sony as a source in ichat and it works just fine...  so its not a connection error.  Is there something I am missing here?  It's not even showing up as a source- just the built in isight as a source. 

thx

sorry i realize this thread was about wireless cams i will repost this as it's own topic. 

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2009, 12:37:42 AM »
mgravitt - The Beta IP cam support in iCamSource works for ethernet and Wi-Fi cameras that support MJPEG formatted output.  The WiLife cameras appear to use a different, proprietary interface, and would therefore not be compatible with iCamSource or iCam.

mgravitt

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 25, 2009, 06:58:41 AM »
Thanks Jay. Do u c iCam supporting a wilife system n the future?  I love how easy this is to set up and use with my web cam. Would b even more amazing if it could tap into the wilife security system through out the house.  Thanks

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 25, 2009, 02:46:07 PM »
mgravitt - We don't have any short term plans to develop wilife support.  That could change in the future, depending on the development effort involved and user feedback (like yours). 

jahet1opie

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 12:05:23 PM »
Jay / Administrator

In regards to the manycam application on Windows XP, were you able to hear audio on your iphone when using this procedure and if so do you have to have your computer up and running? Right now I'm able to view my Linksys wireless feed on my iphone, without having to have the computer on. It hits my Linksys router and then feeds me the signal to my iphone. Unfortunately I cannot hear audio, I just get the video feed. Any help would be appreciated.

James

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 02:15:20 PM »
jahet1opie - If you have a microphone connected to your computer, it should work with ManyCam.  The microphone will show up in the Audio drop-down list and ManyCam will show up in the Video drop-down list.

jahet1opie

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 02:29:28 PM »
Jay

Does the computer have to be on to use manycam? Right now I can view video simply by using the router feed. My microphone is actually on the wireless camera, do you think it would still work?