Author Topic: I can't connect to my home webcam when I'm away from home  (Read 3932 times)

Mistycheri

• View Profile
I can view my webcam on my laptop from my ipod touch when I'm at home and using the same wireless network my laptop is on but when I leave home and try to view it on my ipod touch from a different wifi I can't connect.  Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Is there a URL address I'm suppose to be using?  I can't find very good instructions on how to set everything up. :'(
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 12:24:23 PM by Mistycheri »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: I can't connect to my home webcam when I'm away from home
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 12:45:06 PM »
Mistycheri - What error messages are you seeing on your iPod touch, if any? If you are seeing the Broker Connection Error then the WiFi network that you are connecting to may be more restrictive than most by blocking iCam's UDP communication. If you are seeing the Source Connection Error then you may need to forward ports in your home router to the computer at home that is running the iCamSource.

I see you have also e-mailed your IP address to support@skjm.com ... Thank you for that. I will attempt to look up your IP address in the iCam Broker Server logs and reply to your e-mail.

Mistycheri

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2009, 12:48:47 PM »
I noticed in the icam preferences there is an option for a cam url.  Can anyone tell me how to set that up?  Do I put my ip address in there?  If so, what else goes in that box besides the ip address?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2009, 01:29:32 PM »
That is only used if you are connecting to a Network Webcam. If your webcam is plugged directly into your computer via USB or Firewire, then those settings do not apply to your configuration.