Author Topic: iCamSource 2.3 BETA - Motion Detection Zones  (Read 26850 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSource 2.3 BETA - Motion Detection Zones
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2011, 09:40:30 PM »
Thanks for the quick update like that. It is nice to know my meager $5 for the iPhone app is actually backed with support. :)

You are most welcome. :)

If the WiFi issue worsens or you are able to see more of a pattern to it please let us know.

greggrif

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2011, 07:49:30 AM »
Hi, just installed yesterday, 2.3 Beta, with 2 Linksys WVC54G-CA cameras, and using Belkin N1 router and all iPod 1G, iPhone 3G and iPad 2 64Gb 3G work perfect.

Linksys, has this type of setting via IE browser(only) does not have sensitive areas working in Firefox and Safari.

So VERY HAPPY to have this as my outside camera has lots of false reading with tree branches blowing in the wind, and now I can X the areas out.

GREAT JOB iCam :D

spelling error correction
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 06:26:08 AM by greggrif »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2011, 09:34:31 AM »
Thanks! :)

dkb52

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2011, 09:39:22 AM »
I had to move one of my cameras due to tree/shrub motion.  The addition of the motion zone options have allowed me to put my camera back where I originally wanted it!

So far (3 days) the BETA is working great for me!

Win XP
iPhone 3GS

Thanks!

;D

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 11:28:46 AM »
Great news! :)

iheefz

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2011, 05:19:13 PM »
We currently have a new BETA version of the iCamSource available for download that includes the following additions / changes:

- Addition of Motion Detection Zones to the Motion Detection tab to allow users to "mask out" or ignore portions of the camera's view (like trees blowing in the wind or an oscillating fan) when detecting motion.
- Improved Auto-Config Router status messages.

The new version can be downloaded here:

Windows - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSetup2.3.exe
Mac - http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSource2.3.0.1.dmg

Please let us know how things go! :)
I would like to see the option to make it where I don't how to browse thought 100s of folders to look at the different screen shots. Its takes up way too much time. I think it should all save in one folder. I mean come on the screen shot files are tagged with the time too. So why not?

icamlord

• View Profile
Beta works fine !
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2011, 06:19:54 AM »
Phantastic !! Thanks!!

inetdavid

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 09, 2011, 02:10:13 PM »
I'm currently running iCamSource 2.3.1 BETA and the USB DYNEX Webcam on my Mac Pro works great, but I'm unable to get an Ethernet / Wi-Fi connection to an older D-Link DCS-900W to work.

Using your URL helper page I was able to determine that the following two URL's work fine from Safari for JPGs or MPGs:

http://192.168.0.20/IMAGE.jpg
http://192.168.0.20/VIDEO.cgi

But those same URLs fail to make a connection from iCamSource on the same computer.  The DCS-900W does require me to add username and password, and I've filled out those fields in iCamSource multiple times, including using cut/paste once to make SURE the password is correct.

(5 minutes after posting: Of course, I try it ONE more time, and this time it connects.  It may have been a problem with me viewing it at the same time on the browser, causing a slow connect as this is an older, slower camera.  I.E., "Never Mind")
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 04:10:30 PM by inetdavid »