Author Topic: Feature wish list  (Read 4656 times)

etaxero

• View Profile
Feature wish list
« on: December 17, 2008, 11:26:06 PM »
I know the windows version is still in its beta stage but here's a few things I would love to see!

1. is the option to have the program auto start the cam when the computer starts up that way even when the computer restarts or is logged out of whenever it comes back up it can resume my video feed without me having to start it up again!

2. the option to run multiple cameras on a single computer (this may be doable by simply running two instances of the program itself but that creates crowding, which is addressed in my next feature)

3. The ability to minimize to the tray instead of just simply minimizing normally... that way it is not blended in with the clutter of my other open windows and is more subtle so other people using my desktop do not think its in their way and accidentally close it.

p.s. the program and app are simply amazing and I was more than happy to only pay 4.99 for a little home security help! please keep up the wonderful work!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature wish list
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2008, 11:26:29 AM »
Those are all good suggestions.

1. Several users have asked for the ability to auto-start the cam.  It should be pretty easy to do, so I expect it will be in there pretty soon.

2. Several users have reported successfully using multiple cams on the same computer (on Mac and Windows) by copying the executable and running multiple instances.  I understand the point you're making about crowding.

3. Other users have asked for this one as well, so there's a good chance it'll be in an upcoming version.

Currently, we're pretty focused on the Windows Beta test.  Once that has calmed down a little, we can focus on adding these features and others that have been requested.

If you have any other suggestions, let us know.

etaxero

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2008, 03:18:43 PM »
Just FYI I have successfully run the windows beta on 32 and 64 bit vista on three very different machines with two different cameras (1 USB and 1 built in) and so far no problems whatsoever viewing them on my original (non 3g) iPhone!

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 12:15:54 PM »
Thanks for the info.  I'm glad Windows version is working out well for you.  If you see any problems, email support@skjm.com or post it to this forum.