Author Topic: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?  (Read 112360 times)

chris5u9

• View Profile
Re: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?
« Reply #30 on: May 10, 2011, 03:54:55 PM »
One more thing, under setting it asks to enable udp and/or tcp. I did both. Should I have done that or should I just do udp.
I want this to be a secured connection. Thanks again

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 10, 2011, 04:21:40 PM »
I set up "port forwarding" on the setting page and it is working now on wifi and 3g! I put in my laptop address and information on the set up page     
I have never done this before. Is this safe to do and can anyone else get my information that is forwarded?
My laptop fan runs alot now as well. Is that because of icam? Thanks for your help.

I am glad to hear that things are working via 3G! :)

I would suggest just choosing UDP instead of both TCP and UDP so that you do not open any ports unnecessarily. Since no other application listens on those UDP ports you should not be any less secure. (Forwarding ports is a common thing to do for a lot of network applications.)

If your laptop fan is running it may just be due to an increase in the CPU usage of your computer. You can check what applications are using what % of your CPU in the Task Manager application.

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2011, 06:16:15 AM »
Just UDP  does works on "port forwarding". 3g and wifi both working!
On the "port forwarding" I am putting in 1 to 65535 in the port range. Is this correct or should I put in one specific port number for the icam.
Also I am think of getting a extra camera to hook up. Will the D-Link DCS-930L Wireless N Network Camera work with your icam.
The review at walmart says it works with the icam and it is affordable.
Thanks again for all your help in this.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2011, 08:27:25 AM »
Instead of using 1-65535 you should be able to enter 12000-12100 and still be able to connect via 3G.

And that D-Link camera does appear to be compatible, yes, as it supports MJPEG video streaming.

Luan

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2011, 11:26:09 AM »
I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad.  My iPhone's IP address starts with 198, while my iPad address starts with 166.  My iPhone iCam was working well using 3G until a few days ago.  Now it can send me notification of a detected motion but  cannot show any video/audio on my iPhone.  iPhone iCam app returns the following message: "Source Connection Error - One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."

When using wi-fi, the iCam app on the iPhone has no problem at all.  It appears that AT&T 3G network has something to do with is issue.

My iPad's iCam app is still working fine with wi-fi and 3G.

My question is:  When will there be a fix for iPhone iCam app to make it work again?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: May 11, 2011, 01:40:27 PM »
I have an iPhone 4 and an iPad.  My iPhone's IP address starts with 198, while my iPad address starts with 166.  My iPhone iCam was working well using 3G until a few days ago.  Now it can send me notification of a detected motion but  cannot show any video/audio on my iPhone.  iPhone iCam app returns the following message: "Source Connection Error - One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to."

When using wi-fi, the iCam app on the iPhone has no problem at all.  It appears that AT&T 3G network has something to do with is issue.

My iPad's iCam app is still working fine with wi-fi and 3G.

My question is:  When will there be a fix for iPhone iCam app to make it work again?

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource?

Unfortunately there is no known fix that could be implemented in iCam that would automatically get around this issue introduced by AT&T.

wilson1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 12, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »
My is 198 and I live in souther california (LA) and i cant connect over 3g   wifi works  but not over 3g  all firewalls are off . what's next ? what should I do? help please!!!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: May 12, 2011, 10:14:21 AM »
My is 198 and I live in souther california (LA) and i cant connect over 3g   wifi works  but not over 3g  all firewalls are off . what's next ? what should I do? help please!!!

Have you tried checking the Auto-Config Router checkbox in the iCamSource? If so, what UPnP or NAT-PMP status message appears if you cannot connect? Also, what is the make and model of your router?

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 12, 2011, 10:40:50 AM »
I cannot believe it. We fixed the icam yesterday,and it was working all day.
I tryed it today and it is not working. Connects on wifi, but not 3g.
I retraced all of the steps we did and nothing. This is so frustrating!
Any ideas? Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: May 12, 2011, 10:49:15 AM »
Any ideas? Thanks

Maybe your computer's internal IP address has changed, causing your port forwarding settings to be incorrect?

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: May 12, 2011, 11:10:15 AM »
Any ideas? Thanks

Part ll
I went under the router settings,and looked at the port forwarding option.
I noticed that the last digit of the ip address changed from 0 to 1? (I have more then one computer)
I changed it back and now icam is working on 3g.
Any ideas on why this happened? Can my internet provider (comcast) do this and why?
I will keep an i on it. Thanks again.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 12, 2011, 11:32:06 AM »
Comcast shouldn't be able to change it, no.

If your computer is configured to get an internal IP address from your router via DHCP it may not always be assigned the same IP address when you restart it. You can manually enter your computer's IP information in your computer instead of relying on DHCP, that way it won't change from time to time.

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: May 12, 2011, 12:00:01 PM »
That is exactly what the router is doing. How do you manually enter the computer's IP information in and where is it located at?
I also was told to unplug the router everytime I am done with the computer for safety reasons. Could this be the problem?
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2011, 02:52:41 PM »
That is exactly what the router is doing. How do you manually enter the computer's IP information in and where is it located at?
I also was told to unplug the router everytime I am done with the computer for safety reasons. Could this be the problem?
Thanks

The portforward.com site has step-by-step guides for configuring your computer to use a static internal IP for most common operating systems: http://portforward.com/networking/staticip.htm

Unplugging your router could definitely cause it to assign your computers different IP addresses the next time you plugged it in, yes.

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 13, 2011, 11:02:38 AM »
The icam is working on both 3g and wifi, but today I logged on to the icam (after it was working fine for hours) and the error message I saw was "no such user name and password with icam running? I turned off my iphone and then it was working. Do you know any reason why the icam does this?  Does turning off the iphone reset the icam?
Thank you for all of your help troubleshooting.