Author Topic: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?  (Read 112266 times)

Zarkov

• View Profile
Re: Possible AT&T 3G Changes Coming for iOS Devices Running iCam?
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2011, 02:33:57 PM »
Asheville, NC is still 166, and everything still works fine.  Note, however, that I already had to go to port forwarding since my AT&T DSL uses a combination modem/router.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2011, 03:18:51 PM »
When Auto Config Router checked, message is: Connected to Server UPnP Success 12000->12000
I still get Source Connection Error on iPhone using WiFi.
Even with Firewall turned off.
Mac OS X Version 10.6.7
SIEMENS Gigaset SE567

If you are seeing "UPnP Success" but are still unable to connect then I would like to check to see if your router's UPnP settings are working as expected. To do that, please do the following:

1. Click the iCamSource Start button and confirm that you see a "UPnP Success" status message, and take note of the port number, which will most likely be 12000.
2. Click the Stop button in the iCamSource.
3. Visit http://portchecker.net/udp.php and enter the port from Step 1 and click the Check! button.
4. Please let me know if the port checker reports the port as OPEN or BLOCKED.

If it is BLOCKED then there may be a firewall enabled on your router that could be blocking the incoming connection. You might try disabling it temporarily to see if that has any effect. Especially look for any "SPI" (Stateful Packet Inspection) firewall or security settings that are enabled in your router, as they may cause problems with iCam.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2011, 03:20:02 PM »
Asheville, NC is still 166, and everything still works fine.  Note, however, that I already had to go to port forwarding since my AT&T DSL uses a combination modem/router.

Thanks for the info, Zarkov. If your connection does switch to 198 in the future you should still be able to connect since you already using port forwarding with your setup.

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2011, 09:08:17 AM »
I did not think AT&T were correct. This app worked for 2 months, then it stopped. My ip address starts with 69. I am in baltimore, MD.
I have checked the Auto-Config Router and icam does not work at all when I do that. The words connecting..... are at the top.
If it is the router I have a netgear wireless cable modem gateway. It you think it is the router-how can we fix it? What is UPnP or NAT-PMP.   
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2011, 10:02:05 AM »
I did not think AT&T were correct. This app worked for 2 months, then it stopped. My ip address starts with 69. I am in baltimore, MD.
I have checked the Auto-Config Router and icam does not work at all when I do that. The words connecting..... are at the top.
If it is the router I have a netgear wireless cable modem gateway. It you think it is the router-how can we fix it? What is UPnP or NAT-PMP.  
Thanks

Your 69 IP is most likely your home WiFi network. If you temporarily disable WiFi on your iPhone and force it to connect via 3G then you will most likely see a 198 (as opposed to a 166) IP address when you visit http://whatismyipaddress.com

UPnP and NAT-PMP are protocol standards used by some programs and hardware devices that allow them to automatically forward ports in the network router that they are connected to.

Universal Plug and Play (UPnP) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Upnp
NAT Port Mapping Protocol (NAT-PMP) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NAT_Port_Mapping_Protocol

The only routers that we have come across in our experience that support NAT-PMP are the Apple AirPort routers. Most other routers support UPnP.

If, when you check the Auto-Config Router checkbox, you only see "Connecting ..." in the iCamSource Preferences window title instead of "Connected to Server" then there is likely some issue with how the auto-configuration logic is interacting with your router.

What is the specific model number of your Netgear cable modem gateway? We can first check in the product manual if it supports UPnP and if so, if it is enabled in your router's settings.

Also, are you running the Mac or Windows version of the iCamSource?

schafjet

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2011, 01:07:15 PM »
I'm able to log in with wifi, but not 3G.  I have the iphone4 and my location is Minneapolis and when using myipaddress.com it is a 198 number.  I have an actiontec router with Mac computers.  On the iCamsource on the mac computers, I get this message when connecting next to the Auto-config router; UPNP_AddPortMapping() Error -111 NAT-PMP 3,-7,61.  I also have turned on and off the UPNP and get a different error message.  Either way I cannot connect with 3G, I can only connect via wifi.  What do I have to change?  I have looked at the actiontec router page and am at a loss.  Please help.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
I'm able to log in with wifi, but not 3G.  I have the iphone4 and my location is Minneapolis and when using myipaddress.com it is a 198 number.  I have an actiontec router with Mac computers.  On the iCamsource on the mac computers, I get this message when connecting next to the Auto-config router; UPNP_AddPortMapping() Error -111 NAT-PMP 3,-7,61.  I also have turned on and off the UPNP and get a different error message.  Either way I cannot connect with 3G, I can only connect via wifi.  What do I have to change?  I have looked at the actiontec router page and am at a loss.  Please help.

What is the specific model of your router?

What UPnP / NAT-PMP status message do you see when you disable UPnP in your router?

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 09, 2011, 02:56:18 PM »
I am running the windows version. My ip address starts with 198. My router model is cg814wg.   
My router does support UPnP, because the icam worked good for 2 months on wifi and 3g. How can we enable the router.
Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 09, 2011, 03:17:02 PM »
I am running the windows version. My ip address starts with 198. My router model is cg814wg.   
My router does support UPnP, because the icam worked good for 2 months on wifi and 3g. How can we enable the router.
Thanks

iCam does include connection logic that enables you to connect under most situations without any additional configuration. I am guessing that previously you did not have the Auto-Config Router checkbox checked in your iCamSource, is that correct? If so, then the iCamSource was not attempting to use UPnP to configure your router, and was able to connect using iCam's connection logic.

Here is a link to a PDF of your router's manual: http://documentation.netgear.com/cg814wgv3/enu/202-10297-01/pdfs/FullManual.pdf

From the manual (on page 4-12) it looks like your router does support UPnP, but it may not be enabled by default. When you connect to your router using your web browser, under the Advanced settings, if you click the UPnP menu item, is UPnP currently enabled? If not, and you enable it, are you then able to connect via 3G when restarting the iCamSource?

You might also want to see if your router's firewall is enabled under the Content Filtering > Services menu (page 3-1 of the manual). If so, does temporarily disabling it allow you to connect?

Merlin

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
166     San Antonio, TX 3G AT&T on iPhone
Funny my server is reporting Austin Texas.  I saw someone from Austin was reporting their server was in Houston TX

Merlin

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 10, 2011, 12:10:27 PM »
Yes, I did not previously have the Auto-Config Router checkbox checked in the iCamSource.
I hope it is the router, it sounds like it. How do you to connect to your router using your web browser.  DOS screen?
Thanks

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2011, 12:28:34 PM »
I typed in my router address and I put in admin and password, but then I get a "401 unauthorized" screen.
What does this mean, spyware. Can you get my through this part. Thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 10, 2011, 01:21:02 PM »
I typed in my router address and I put in admin and password, but then I get a "401 unauthorized" screen.
What does this mean, spyware. Can you get my through this part. Thanks

The 401 error message means that you entered the incorrect router login & password. I would refer to your router's manual for the default login and password. If you changed the default router login and password and do not remember it you can likely reset it to factory defaults as well.

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 10, 2011, 02:38:56 PM »
I am in the router settings now, but I must have the v1 or v2 model, because I do not see the Upnp settings page or advance page.
Can you help. Thank you

chris5u9

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 10, 2011, 03:47:40 PM »
 I set up "port forwarding" on the setting page and it is working now on wifi and 3g! I put in my laptop address and information on the set up page     
I have never done this before. Is this safe to do and can anyone else get my information that is forwarded?
My laptop fan runs alot now as well. Is that because of icam? Thanks for your help.