Author Topic: Error code 35?  (Read 14391 times)

Solracer

• View Profile
Re: Error code 35?
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2009, 08:08:46 PM »
Solracer - Have you tried updating to the latest drivers?
I did, and thats what gives me the error code 35...

the old drivers are the only ones that will work. But with old drivers, means no sound..

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 09:59:06 AM »
Solracer - I'm a little confused ... The iCamSource software should be what's giving the Error Code 35. The drivers for your webcam are separate from the iCamSource. They are downloaded and installed from your web cam manufacturer's website.

Here is a page detailing how to install the drivers for the PS3 EyeToy : http://www.iplayplaystation.com/eyetoy-as-webcam/

And I believe this is the page to download the software for your Logitech camera: http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/435/4224&cl=nz,en?WT.ac=sc|downloads||dd

greenham

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 04:09:05 PM »
My Logitec Webcam is throwing the same error. Same exact webcam loaded on Vista with current drivers had no problems. My XP machine pukes on the Icam software when it loads then closes all windows. I have not tried to back rev I Cam. Would prefer sound.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 04:44:13 PM »
greenham - Are you choosing the webcam as the Audio source when you get this error? If you choose No Audio, do you still get the error?

Error code 35 means that there is a problem communicating with the chosen Audio source. If you are sure that your webcam's drivers are up to date, then if you choose another audio option, for example the Mic or Line-In input from your sound card, does it still crash?

What model is your webcam? Have you tried rebooting and unplugging and re-plugging in the camera? If it is connected via a USB hub have you tried connecting it directly to your computer?

greenham

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 24, 2009, 05:28:19 AM »
It is the most recent driver set, Like the others have said, I don't get the option of No Audio. The drop down box only shows the Logitech Web Cam as the Audio source. I have tried rebooting the PC, No luck. It is not plugged into a hub but directly into the on board USB port. I will try unplugging it, and then rebooting, and then plug it in again.

The odd thing is I have 2 of these cameras (I did swap to check) and had no problems at all getting the other one to work. The only difference is this is on a XP machine vs. Windows Vista on the other.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2009, 08:06:47 AM »
greenham - You don't see a No Audio option? Are you running the latest version (1.1.3) of the iCamSource for Windows? http://skjm.com/icam/support.php

So you have 2 of the exact same make and model camera, and one works, but the other doesn't? I know I have had issues with Logitech drivers with two different Logitech models being installed at the same time: It basically doesn't work. I think the drivers for the two different models step on each other when they're installed.

Since this is the camera microphone that is causing the issue, have you tried using it as a microphone in another Windows application, to confirm that it is working properly?

greenham

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2009, 12:11:57 PM »
I have tried everything I can think of. It is your 1.1.3 version. I have all up to date drivers from Labtec. I have uninstalled powered off, re installed and powered back on, plugged in and un plugged at various times. Each time it takes a dump with the Error 35 code and it wants to send a bug re[port to MS. No idea why I can't seem to get this to work on an old reliable XP machine but works great on the ornery Vista machine. Just for grins I installed on a XP laptop, went on in about a min and has been working great every since. I have no idea why this fresh install of XP is causing problems

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2009, 02:37:15 PM »
greenham - That is strange how that one machine is causing you problems.

Since it is a fresh install of XP, do you have all the latest Service Packs and updates installed as well? In addition, do you have the following two pre-requisites installed?

Visual C++ Redistributable Package: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe
.NET Framework: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

They should have been automatically downloaded and installed by the iCamSource installer, but sometimes re-installing them helps.