Author Topic: Unable to connect  (Read 9181 times)

Alec25283

• View Profile
Unable to connect
« on: April 21, 2009, 10:00:54 AM »
Hi searched the forums but do not seem to be able to find anyone who has had the same problem.

Ok so here it is.

We have installed icamsource on the laptop and it is running. we can access the cam through the website on the laptop. When we try and connect from the iphone or another mobile or from my pc at work we just get the message connecting, and then nothing happens.

same message on PC at work, phone and iphone.

hope someone can help.

IP 82.236.20.126

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Unable to connect
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 02:17:25 PM »
Alec25283 - Are you attempting to connect via iCam on your iPhone or iCamWeb in all of these cases? If you are trying to use iCamWeb then it will not work in Mobile Safari or any other web browser where Java is not installed.

Alec25283

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:47:33 PM »
think the problem is port forwarding as it works fine on all the computers on the local network, and the problem only occurs  when trying to access from external source  (iphone and iweb). Need to know the port number(s) that need to be forwarded.

thanks

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 06:36:04 PM »
Port forwarding isn't always the solution to every connectivity problem, so that is why we don't have the option readily available by default. Sometimes it can make things worse or simply confuse the troubleshooting process. If you have had to forward ports in the past for other programs, here are the instructions for using port forwarding with the iCamSource:

To use port forwarding, you will need to both enable port forwarding in the iCamSource and setup a port forwarding range in your router.

To enable port forwarding in the iCamSource:

===

If you are running Windows, you will need to set an iCamSource registry key:

1. Download the following file to your computer and double-click it: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSourcePortForwarding.reg If the file opens up in notepad for some reason, let me know.
2. Restart the iCamSource. You should now see a checkbox allowing you to enable Port Forwarding. Check it, and you should see the range 12000 to 12100 by default.

- - -

If you are running OS X, you will need to add an iCamSource user defaults setting:

1. Open a Terminal windows from Applications > Utilities > Terminal
2. Copy and paste the following line of text into it and press Enter:

defaults write com.skjm.icamsource PortRangeSet -bool true

3. Restart the iCamSource. You should now see a checkbox allowing you to enable Port Forwarding.  Check it, and you should see the range 12000 to 12100 by default.

===

Next, in your router, forward UDP (not TCP) ports 12000-12100 to the computer running the iCamSource.

Please let me know if you have any questions or are still experiencing connectivity issues.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 10:36:37 AM by Stefan »

susanrm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:08:26 PM »
My router requires both inbound and private ports to be set. Setting both to 12000-12100 did not help. Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 01:10:07 PM by susanrm »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 02:46:18 PM »
You want to forward the inbound ports 12000-12100 to the private ports 12000-12100 of your computer. I see you have also e-mailed support@skjm.com your IP address, so I will respond to your specific issue via e-mail.

jruizdechavez

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2009, 07:31:29 PM »
I downloaded both the icam and icamsource and was unable to connect. After I changed the settings to connect to wi-fi (which is the same router I am currently connected to on my HP computer), I was able to successful view the live feed with audio. Is the icam currently not available over the 3G network? I double-click ot: http://skjm.com/icam/iCamSourcePortForwarding.reg and when I restarted icamsource, I checked the checkbox allowing me to enable Port Forwarding (range 12000 to 12100 by default). When i did this, I received the message "Source Connection Error, One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to." What do I need to do so that I could receive the live feed over a 3G network? My IP address is 68.8.200.210 and I use a Belkin Wireless G Router.
Thank you in advance for your assistance.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:49:17 PM by jruizdechavez »

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2009, 11:32:24 PM »
jruizdechavez - Yes, iCam should work over 3G.  If you're able to connect on Wi-Fi, but you get the Source Connection Error on 3G, that indicates that you need to configure your router to forward that range of ports (12000-12100) to the computer running iCamSource.  To help you set up port forwarding, I'll need to know the specific model of your router.  Please email support@skjm.com with the model of your router and please refer to this forum thread in your email.