Author Topic: Feature Suggestions: More gameplay variations / scoring options  (Read 18589 times)

epid

• View Profile
Would it be possible to implement more scoring / play options? I have played this game with other variations that are represented here and it would be nice to be able to choose some other variations. For example:

1) Rolling 3 1's = 1000 points
2) If you already have banked the initial starting score (I usually use 1000), and during a turn you only have 1 die to roll, you can opt to pass it to you opponent to roll. If they roll a 1 or 5, they steal all of the points you've accumulated during that turn. If they roll a 2,3,4 or 6, you get to keep the points and roll all 6 dice and continue your turn.
3) If you roll 4 of a kind, it is equal to the score of a three-of-a-kind roll times 2. (ie. rolling four 2s = 400, four 3s = 600, etc.)

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Edit: I found a pretty good list of the official rules (as well as some variations) here: http://www.farklerules.com/the-rules-of-farkle/
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 02:13:31 PM by epid »

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Feature Suggestions: More gameplay variations / scoring options
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 10:58:39 AM »
Thanks for the feedback and link! :)

crib

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:00:00 AM »
1. Rolling 3 ones should be 1,000
2. Another fun variation is a 1,000 point penalty for rolling 2 farkles in a row.

Severin

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2009, 10:43:10 AM »
I'd like to see a high score table based on the difference between the winning and losing score. e.g. the winner scores 10100 and the loser 9600 which gives a 500 point entry on the high score table which is fairly average. but occasionally you have a really good game, eg. 10500 to 4900 which would give a high score of 5600 which is well worth recording  :)