Author Topic: 2 Cameras on local network, but only 1 can be seen at a time  (Read 3669 times)

kyeck

• View Profile
2 Cameras on local network, but only 1 can be seen at a time
« on: March 22, 2011, 11:50:59 AM »
Hello,

I could use some help trying to get two cameras working on my local Wi-Fi network.  If this issue has been answered in another thread, please forgive me.  I did a search, but couldn't find anything related to this.

I have the following setup:

1) iCamSource 2.2.1 running on Mac Mini (OSX 10.6.6) w/ Logitech C910 Camera
2) iCamSource 2.2.1 running on MacBook Pro (OSX 10.6.6) w/ Built-in iSight Camera

a) Both instances connected to the same Wi-Fi router.
   b) Preferences for both instances indicate that they're connected to the server.
   c) Login info for both instances are identical.

Here's what I'm seeing:

1) iPad running iCam 2.0.1 connected to same Wi-Fi router -- It can connect/see the #1 source, but not the #2 source.
2) iPhone 3GS running iCam 2.0.1 connected to same Wi-Fi router -- It can connect/see the #2 source, but not the #1 source.

I don't know why both the iPad and iPhone cannot see *both* cameras on the network.  Should I be configuring this another way?  

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
-Ken
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 11:54:17 AM by kyeck »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: 2 Cameras on local network, but only 1 can be seen at a time
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2011, 03:48:43 PM »
Please email the external IP address of the computer running iCamSource to support@skjm.com. To get that, go to http://whatismyip.com in your computer's web browser. We can use that IP address to find your account in the server logs to get more information about what's causing this problem.

kyeck

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2011, 06:49:04 PM »
The external IP is: xx.xx.xx.xx
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:51:32 PM by kyeck »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2011, 09:39:23 PM »
I looked up your IP address in the server logs and it appears that the login and password on the computers don't exactly match the login and password on the phone/iPad. Please make sure they are all the same. In other words, one login/password for all four (two computers/iPhone/iPad)

It may help to try using a simple login/password, such as a number, temporarily. Your login and password are never sent to the server, just the unique hash value, so I can't tell what is different about the login/password on the computer and the login/ password on the phone, just the fact that they are different.

kyeck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2011, 11:09:53 PM »
That did it.  I had one character that was different on one of the iCamSource instances.  Once they were sync'd up both cameras started showing up in both the iPhone and iPad.

Thank you very much for you help!

-Ken

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2011, 10:37:52 AM »
I'm glad you got it working! If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.