Author Topic: [SOLVED] iCamSouce 2.2.1 crashes when changing motion detection settings  (Read 3395 times)

kjohn

• View Profile
I have a fully patched 32bit XP Pro system running a Logitech Quick Cam Orbit AF on my workstation.  The application worked just fine until the recent upgrade.  The application launches fine on the PC and runs fine most of the time.  But it will inevitably crash when I change any settings on the motion detection tab of the iCamSource application.  The error message only states "iCamSource.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close.  We are sorry for the inconvenience.  If you were in the middle of something, the information you were working on might be lost."  This error provides little detail as to the root cause of the error.  If anyone has any information that might help me correct this problem, it would be great; this nifty little app has been great until now.  I suppose the only other option would be to uninstall it and go back to the prior version which appeared to fine.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:17:49 AM by kjohn »

SingingSnail

• View Profile
Re: iCamSouce 2.2.1 crashes when changing motion detection settings
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2011, 11:27:11 AM »
Exactly the same happens to me when changing the motion detection settings ... I'm using version 2.2.1 on Windows 7 with a Logitech C510 USB camera.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: iCamSouce 2.2.1 crashes when changing motion detection settings
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2011, 09:33:19 PM »
If the iCamSource is crashing when you change the motion detection settings through iCam then your iCamSource registry settings may have gotten into a bad state. One thing that you can try is closing the iCamSource and resetting the iCamSource's registry settings by downloading and double-clicking the following reg file: http://skjm.com/icam/CleaniCamKey.reg

You will have to re-enter your iCamSource settings when you re-launch the iCamSource, but hopefully you won't be experiencing any crashes after the reset.

kjohn

• View Profile
Thanks; that did the trick.