Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223356 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« on: April 18, 2009, 09:10:31 AM »
UPDATE - We have a new Troubleshooting page that should help explain the possible causes and solutions for many of the more common connection issues: http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php

No Sources Found

There are two potential causes for this error:

1) The login and password on the iCamSource and iCam do not match. (Please note that they are both case sensitive.)
2) The iCamSource on your computer is unable to communicate with the iCam Broker Server.

If you are running Mac OS X and your firewall in System Preferences > Security > Firewall is enabled, make sure that the iCamSource is one of the applications allowed to accept incoming connections.

If you have made sure that your Mac or Windows computer's firewall software is "allowing" the iCamSource to communicate with the Internet, then the next step is to go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your computer and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your computer's external IP address is so that we can further troubleshoot the problem.

Broker Connection Error

This error message usually indicates that iCam on your iPhone or iPod touch cannot communicate with the iCam Broker Server. This is most likely due to a poor Internet connection (due to a weak cellular signal) or your network not allowing outgoing UDP communication. We can confirm the issue if you go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your iPhone or iPod touch and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your device's external IP address is.

You can also try connecting via both 3G/EDGE and WiFi, if available, to see if you achieve a different result.

Source Connection Error

This error message indicates that both iCam and the iCamSource are able to connect to the iCam Broker Server, but they are unable to connect to each another.

Please refer to this support forum post for further Source Connection Error troubleshooting information: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=403.0

Error Code 14 - Render Stream Failed

This error means that the iCamSource is having problems communicating with your webcam.

First make sure that there are no other applications attempting to use the webcam at the same time as the iCamSource. Make sure that your webcam is plugged directly into your computer, and not into a USB hub. If it is already plugged directly into your computer, try plugging it in to a different USB port.

Next, try rebooting your computer. If you are still having issues, make sure you have the latest drivers installed for your webcam.

If none of those things help, you can try installing these two operating system prerequestites required by the iCamSource:

Visual C++ Redistributable Package: http://skjm.com/icam/vcredist_x86.exe
.NET Framework: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 02:25:12 PM by Stefan »

gmacnic

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2009, 05:34:38 AM »
I am getting error code 11.  For some reason I had auto start checked, I had a issue with my webcam and the app closed now when I try to start up again all I get is the error code 11. you camera drivers mayb need to be updated.  They are all updated and the cam works fine.  I have removed the carmera and reinstalled, removed icamsource and reinstalled, rebooted the computer and even tried pounding on it ( just kidding) and nothing is working.  Even when I totally removed the my webcam the isource is not opening and giving me this error.  Any ideas?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2009, 10:25:46 AM »
There appears to be an issue with the Windows iCamSource when AutoStart is enabled and it encounters an error. We will fix that in the next release, but in the meantime, you can try the method outlined here to turn off AutoStart: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=179.msg649#msg649

If you try choosing "No Audio" and clicking Start do you still receive the error?

shelma1

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2009, 10:59:00 AM »
What's the phone # to call for support? I've been emailing back and forth for two days now, still can't use the application, and support staff have stopped responding.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2009, 11:26:23 AM »
Unfortunately we are a small company and as such are only able to offer e-mail support at this time.

I have reviewed your e-mail support correspondence and it appears that Jay has responded to your every one of your 4 e-mails within 2-4 hours of you sending it. Are you not receiving his replies?

axeexa2007

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2009, 05:17:23 AM »
# thank you!

DanielBee

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 11:22:45 PM »
Hello I just bought a webcam to try this app out and im a bit frustrated. It keeps freezing up on video screen.  I can still hear sound on my iphone, but image is frozen.  Windows XP, iphone 2.2.1, using beta version of the new icam software.  Any ideas on fixing this?  No usb extension cords, usb 1.1 being used. 

Thanks,
Daniel Lynn

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 09:55:19 AM »
DanielBee -  I responded to your other post here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=261.0

senditbry

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2009, 08:46:52 AM »
I have the app running fine on my Iphone.  its been working fine until this morning (first time trying it out without the home wifi).  Got to the office and it was running fine with 3g signal.  Had it running a few times until around 10am, when it failed to connect with the "broker" error message.

Any ideas why it would work on 3g, then stop?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2009, 10:28:56 AM »
If it was working over 3G and then you received the Broker Connection Error then most likely you simply had a weak wireless signal. Are you still receiving that error message? If so, do you have full signal bars?

senditbry

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2009, 03:08:38 AM »
I had a full 3g signal (the mast was only a few feet away from our building), yet i kept getting broker error message.
Last night, at a friends house, I put the laptop on, used the built in cam and it run fine, using the same wifi network.

Yet, again when I went down to the local store, I had the Edge network, almost full bars and got the broker error message, constantly - it didn't work once.

When I got back to his house, connected to the wifi signal and the same error message appeared constantly.  it was only after I had stopped the app on both Iphone and laptop and re-started both did it start to work again.

can you please help?? this app is well worth the fee, but I just want it to work so I can keep an eye on my dog whilst im in the office.
!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2009, 09:55:38 AM »
The Broker Connection Error indicates that your iPhone cannot communicate with our iCam Broker Server for some reason. Which company is your wireless provider?

The next time you receive the Broker Connection Error when connecting via 3G/EDGE, if you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from your iPhone and e-mail what it says your external IP address is to support@skjm.com we can see if we can find it in the iCam Broker Server logs and further troubleshoot the issue.

From your original post it looks like it has worked fine from 3G/EDGE before, so I am not sure what has changed. I suppose that if you do connect successfully (or at least get a different error other than the Broker Connection Error) when connecting via 3G/EDGE then e-mail us that external IP address as well.

tunafish

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 02:32:56 PM »
Are any of these problems related to the new iPhone update. I had no problems with iCam until I updated.
I can see my camera fine via a wireless network from several sources but thru Edge or 3G I get the 

"One or more of th iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to"

I am not a computer genius but I have to think that something is just not up to date with the iCam software and the new iPhone update.

I will try the whatismyipaddress and email you that but it seems from these post nothing is being resolved by doing this.

Sure this program only cost me $5.00 but I would like to think unless skjm goes bankrupt it should continue to work and be updated. 

ciao
S

Jay

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 05:03:56 PM »
tunafish is getting technical support for this issue through email.  If there is any new information about this issue from the emails, I'll post it in this thread.

Unfortunately for a small percentage of iCam users, the 3.0 software update has caused issues when connecting via 3G/EDGE. The reason for this is that (for some reason) iPhone 3.0 devices connect to AT&T differently than all previous iPhone software versions. With a 3.0 iPhone, AT&T uses a more complex form of port translation, causing some users to get the "Source Connection Error".

In general, when users have the "Source Connection Error", we are usually able to resolve it once we get their IP information.  I guess they just don't come back here to tell the forum that it was fixed.

GJR

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2009, 06:05:49 PM »
I want to say thank you for the patience in helping me sort through my problem. Since updating the iPhone, I was able to access iCam through wi-fi but not 3G. Stefan walked me through the port forwarding process and all works fine now. This is fantastic support for a $5 product. Well done and thank you. I have spread the word about iCam and everyone I have shown is impressed and has immediately bought it. No, I have no association with iCam. Keep up the good work!!