Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223364 times)

bengy465

• View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #135 on: July 30, 2012, 10:30:36 AM »
I am having such a hard time getting this to work. Well it does work when I am home and on my wifi, but as soon as I leave the house and my wifi it gives me the message broker connection error. What's weird is my mom can view my cameras at her house on her wifi but when I use my schools wifi it doesn't work either. We just moved to house and we just got told we live in a bad area and our mail has already been stolen twice. I really would like to keep an eye on things while I'm at work and school. I have the iPhone 4S and I am on 4G but I still can't connect. I was reading on some other posts and i tried the port checker- it says my UDP port 12001 is blocked. I'm not even sure what that means but whatever it is it's blocked. is that why I can't view my cameras away from home? ??? ???

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: July 30, 2012, 09:17:57 PM »
bengy465 is receiving support via email.

Carolyn1965

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 03, 2012, 11:08:11 PM »
I am having problems with my icam on my iPhone.  It will not work when I am using the 3G or if I am connected to a wireless service other than my wireless at home.   
The message on my iphone reads:  Source Connection Error   One or more of the iCamSources returned by the iCam Broker Server could not be connected to.

The message on the iCamSource Preference  reads:  UPnP May Not Be Enabled (click for info)

I have went to the Westell 7500 Gateway using the Command Prompt and made sure that the UPnP was enabled and it still does not work on 3G.

I have one device (Westell 7500 Gateway) that acts as my router and modem….. 
Can you help me resolve this issue….  I really like this app, but it is of no use to me if I can’t use it when I am not at home J
Thanks
Carolyn Barnes
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:24:29 AM by Carolyn1965 »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 06, 2012, 01:53:54 PM »
It appears the new auto-configuration logic isn't working for some reason. The next step is to manually configure your router for port forwarding. There's more information about using port forwarding with iCamSource here: http://skjm.com/forum/index.php?topic=402.0

If you have any problems with the instructions on that page, please let me know the full model number of your Westell 7500. There appear to be four 7500 series models. - http://portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Westell/default.htm

fuerik

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 17, 2014, 09:37:46 AM »
I just installed and am trying to test it out by viewing it on the web. After entering my log in information it says application blocked by security settings. How do I fix this?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2014, 10:21:32 AM »
I just installed and am trying to test it out by viewing it on the web. After entering my log in information it says application blocked by security settings. How do I fix this?

iCamWeb uses a Java applet to connect to iCamSource, so Java must be installed on the computer. Please check your web browser security settings.

wrathofall

• View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 25, 2014, 05:18:51 PM »
My router is handled through AT&T. It's my first time with a non-PC based router. I have no idea how to access or how to check if it's blocking port 12001. I tried the port checker on my lap top, but it's being blocked by my laptop some how. I have ZERO clue what to do now. Laptop is windows 8. Any thoughts?

Here is the Java window when port checker errors out:

Java Plug-in 10.67.2.01
Using JRE version 1.7.0_67-b01 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Users\*****
----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

Looks to me like a directory and not an error log. I'm lost.

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 25, 2014, 09:10:41 PM »
If you’ve already have port forwarding configured on your router, I would like to try and confirm that your port forwarding is functioning as we expect it to. If you visit this link in your computer’s web browser: http://portchecker.net/udp.php?p=12001

... it will open a webpage that contains a Java Applet in it (similar to iCamWeb) that will be able to listen on port 12001 for a UDP packet to be sent from a server on the Internet to your computer.

If your port forwarding is functioning correctly then you should see a message saying that the port is "open." If it is not functioning correctly, it should say that it is blocked.

Also, please send me a screenshot of your router’s port forwarding configuration so I can verify the settings.

wrathofall

• View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 26, 2014, 02:49:33 AM »
If you are replying to my post above, you will notice that the port sniffer errors out. And I have the latest version of java. It's being blocked, but I don't know how to Un block it.

wrathofall

• View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 27, 2014, 04:24:01 PM »
I have worked it out with AT&T and I have ports 12000-12100 open and confirmed, but I still get the 'no running icam sources associated' error. What's next? Please help.

ATT does not support upnp, but your instructions state:

If your router does NOT support UPnP or NAT-PMP (or the above Auto-Config Router checkbox solution did not work) then the next step is to un-check the Auto-Config Router checkbox and proceed to forward UDP ports 12000-12100 in your router to the computer running the iCamSource. The step-by-step port forwarding instructions can be found in this Support Forum Post.

My ports have been forwarded and confirmed.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 04:40:58 PM by wrathofall »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 28, 2014, 12:46:04 AM »
If you can’t get our port checker to work, there are other port checkers you can try, such as this one: http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

Also, have you tried enabling Auto-Config Router in iCamSource?

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 28, 2014, 01:50:55 AM »
Do you see the words "Connecting …" or "Connected to Server" in the iCamSource Preferences window title when you click the Start button? - http://skjm.com/icam/help/troubleshooting.php#icam1

LoriK

• View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 05, 2014, 09:55:58 AM »
I can connect fine on the same network (iPhone 4S running source, and icam on iPad or iPhone 5, or the webcam). If I am not on the same network, no go. I get the connection errors, EVEN with the webcam (it shows a source but no video).  Is this still a setting issue?  Can I get an easier router to deal with? I am using  a Netgear router but would be willing to buy a different one if it would be easier.  I want to be able to see my older pet while away from home.
Thanks

Never mind, I got it working.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 06:24:23 PM by LoriK »

SKJM Support

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 08, 2014, 03:06:58 PM »
Hi,

I’m glad you got it working!

If you have any other issues or questions, please let us know.

Naveed

• View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 12, 2019, 02:29:10 PM »
Started having this issue lately after switching phones.

iCamSource worked perfectly on iPhone 5C on firmware 10.xx, i have no idea which one since the phone screen is currently broken. Been using it for about a year. I was using a Fido sim card

Now, after switching the phone and trying iPhone 7 and iPhone X, iCamSource won't connect on LTE, only WiFi. But when I try a Koodo sim card, it connects fine.

I'll have my new screen in a few days to see if the old phone still connects on Fido's network, but i'm not 100% sure what the issue is currently. Whether it's iCam, the phones, the firmware or combination of all 3