Author Topic: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages  (Read 223355 times)

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Troubleshooting 101 - iCam & iCamSource Error Messages
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2009, 06:01:39 AM »
You are most welcome ... And thanks! :)

Alex

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2009, 09:49:16 AM »
Im getting this error to on 3g. I have full bars, smetimes when i refresh my cams come up sometimes they dont. i just added the push notification because i have people working in my house today why i am at work, tested push before i left, it worked somewhat okay but now this 3g connection problem bugs me. i was okay before the update 

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2009, 03:10:43 PM »
Alex - Are you seeing the Source Connection Error when connecting via 3G?

If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please reference your forum post or forum name in the e-mail.

undergroundscene

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
i download my icamon my itouch but it i cant find the application on my itouch(2g). what happen? i spent $4.99. waaaaaaaaaaaaah! pls. help me!

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2009, 07:54:49 AM »
The latest version of iCam requires that the iPhone OS 3.0 be installed. Are you running 3.0 on your iPod touch?

mm

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2009, 12:40:50 PM »

I have tried numerous times trying to get this to work on 3g but all times i get just one message.

One or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to

I cant tell how frustrating this is.

Stefan has been so helpful but i am stuck. It just wont work on 3g.

this is my best app so far.

please someone help me. It all started after the new software update on laptop but is driving me crazy

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2009, 03:14:57 PM »
Which new software on the laptop, version 1.3.1 of the iCamSource?

Yours is a strange situation because I am able to connect to your source over WiFi and 3G, you are able to connect to your friend's iCamSource over WiFi and 3G, and you are able to connect to my iCamSource over WiFi and 3G. You just cannot connect to your own iCamSource over 3G.

If you want to try forwarding ports in your router (that I mentioned in my last e-mail), we can try that.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 03:17:49 PM by Stefan »

mj23cg69

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2009, 02:23:10 PM »
I thought this app was soooo cool and usefull that i created an account just write this thank you post and say GREAT JOB. i cant believe how easy this was to set up and install.  Keep up the great work.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2009, 10:24:51 AM »
Thanks! :)

nt

• View Profile
Can't connect over 3g
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2009, 07:30:32 PM »
Sounds like I have a similar problem to a recent post my 'mm' in that I have started getting the following error message.

One or more of the icamsources returned by the icam broker server could not be connected to

Here's my situation:
• I'm with Optus (Australia) using latest iPhone GS with OS3.
• I'm using latest iCam iphone and Mac iCam Source versions
• Works fine over local WiFi network and via iCam web - just not 3g
• It used to work prior to OS3 and iCam updates. I also purchased the Push notifications update.
• Router firewall is off. I can also VPN into network over 3g so I don't think it's my router!

Would love to get this working again, so ideas are very welcome!

Thanks Nick.

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2009, 09:11:07 PM »
If you could go to http://whatismyipaddress.com/ from the computer running the iCamSource and e-mail support@skjm.com what it says your external IP address is then we can attempt to look it up in the Broker Server logs and hopefully troubleshoot the problem.

Please reference this forum post and your forum user name in your e-mail.  :)

coreylsbf

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2009, 04:31:10 PM »
i have used this product before the update and worked fine...no problems at all...since the update...nothing works...i sent an email to you with my IP and what my error messege was in the subject, but forgot to include my user name, but my user name is the same as my email just about...

why did this all of a sudden happen when the update for 3.0 occured?

Stefan

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2009, 05:56:31 PM »
We did get your e-mail ... Thanks.

Unfortunately for a small percentage of iCam users, the 3.0 software update has caused issues when connecting via 3G/EDGE. The reason for this is that (for some reason) iPhone 3.0 devices connect to AT&T differently than all previous iPhone software versions. With a 3.0 iPhone, AT&T uses a more complex form of port translation, causing some users to get the "Source Connection Error".

There is a solution, however, and that involves you forwarding ports in your router to your computer running the iCamSource.

bugzdad

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2009, 07:32:04 AM »
I am receiving this same error message...was a fantastic program that now encounters errors and will not work.  Unfortunately this has occurred as a very sensitive security issue has arisen.  I installed the source on a pc running xp, and my iphone 3g carrier is at&t.  Please help.  Am I to understand that there is a router port issue or workaround?  Can you post that here so that we can all get this program functioning again?

user id:  bugzdad

email:  ctmassage@hotmail.com

sundoro

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2009, 10:49:23 AM »
This is a really fantastic app and service and thank you for being so diligent in troubleshooting this problem. Far superior to similar apps available for the iPhone.

I too am experiencing the same issue with accessing my home network iCamSource through 3g on my iPhone. I get the same iCam Broker Server could not be connected to message. It was working perfectly until I 1. updated iCamSource from 1.3 to 1.3.2, and 2. jailbroke my phone. I don't know if the first issue has anything to do with the problem since it seems people have been having trouble with this prior to the update. I imagine it could be a jailbreaking issue. Also, I've messed with my carrier settings in order to enable mms, which still won't work because AT&T is successfully blocking it, for me at least. Wifi works fine.

My previous configuration, before I fiddled with the iPhone OS and when things used to work, was an iPhone 3g with OS 3.0 (haven't updated yet), Mac OS X 10.5.7, and an AirPort Extreme network with port forwarding. I have updated to 10.5.8, though the problem was instigated prior to this, and I have changed my home network SSID, but nothing else. I will go ahead and email my phones ip address, but I wanted to know if this might be a similar scenario to those experiencing the same problem.

Thank you for the support.

Update: I've updated to iCamSource 1.3.4 and 3g seems to be working perfectly now. Yay! I rebooted the iPhone and I can see myself right now, but the Broker Server message still popped up once. The video stilled worked over 3g even after the message appeared. Also, the Check For Updates... menu item doesn't work for version 1.3.2. I just happened to see that there was a newer version on the website and I installed it.

Thanks for working on this problem guys. Much appreciated!  :)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 11:17:33 AM by sundoro »